Parenting after 35

Hey there!

Have had router issues and therefore no Bump (because there is no iPhone app) but wanted to check in and say hello.

Main update here is that the "pacifier fairy" came on Saturday night (after 33 months of being addicted to the Nuk) and Aaron gave it up amazingly peacefully. Some whimpers and asking for it, but overall it went well. I was shocked.

Hopefully the big boy bed transition this Summer (it's already set up in his room) will go somewhat smoothly. But I can't hold my breath for this happening like that twice.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Hey there!

• Hey! That's where you've been. Glad you updated the cuteness too! Yay for the paci fairy, that's next for us. I have yet to have any of these monkeys make it to 2 1/2 and be in a crib, you'll do fine. T was the crib climber and she was in a bed fully at 16 months (oh, that was fun).
  • Yay for no more binkies!

And I'm jealous that you managed to keep A in a crib for so long.  My little monkey was climbing out before he was 2, so it's not been a fun 7-8 months.  Good luck with that one and be prepared for lots of tiredness again.

So how 'bout potty training?  Might as well get that ball rollin' too, eh?  (We're thinking about it for this summer.. sometime)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Part of the reason Aaron is still in his crib is that it's an old, dropside crib that is VERY tall. So climbing out is daunting. Also he has some low tone/core strength issues which play a role.  We'll dismantle the crib (and set it out to the trash heap, since we cannot donate) in July latest?the month before he turns 3.

As for potty training... we are slackers.  Aaron definitely knows when he will poop (and I think pee) but says "No potty... poop in a diaper!"  I'll tackle the initial stages of PT this Summer. 

I figure the kid has been through enough with all sorts of EI therapies and then my mom being hospitalized and in a nursing home since February that he can be a later (ie. 3) potty trained kiddo.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"