Maryland Babies
Options

Thermometers, again

I know SK posted about this a few weeks back but now that I really need to get a new thermometer I can't remember what the responses were. 

I'm eyeing up two on Amazon and can't decide. It doesn't help that they both get good reviews and are about the same price. One is a infrared ear thermometer, the other is the Exergen temporal artery thermometer.  

Anyone have and experience with one of these or input? 

Usually DD starts running higher fevers in the middle of the night and the last thing I want to do is shove something up her butt. It's already hard enought to calm her down. 

TIA! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thermometers, again

• Options

The inner ear thermometer never worked for us.  Evie had so many ear infections that she started screaming when we'd get the thing anywhere near her ear.  So, I have a brand new one that has never actually been used!

I just got the Vicks one that you hold behind the ear.  It has been great dur5ing this bout of illness.  I can take the kids' temps while they are asleep!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The inner ear one never worked well for us. It always gave us sporadic readings and you HAD to have a cover on it or it wouldn't work, which became an issue when we ran out of covers and couldn't find them anywhere, therefore couldn't use it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think I actually got any recs on my post, so I hope you do here!

::watches the post::

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    KaieneKaiene member
    I know you don't want a rectal one, but we have the red cross one, and it works really fast.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"