Pregnant after 35
Options

A Watched Mom Never Labors!

So, I quit checking FB. I quit answering the phone. But, ppl are determined and have no brains. They've taken to calling my MOM or texting me to ask if I've delivered yet. Really, ppl? Don't you think I would have said something? Do you really think I'm just going to keep this a secret for the next 18+ years? Even my mom, first thing she says to me in the morning, "How do you feel? Any contractions?" Considering you're my support person, I'm pretty sure I'd tell you of all people.

I miss the way it was the first time around when social networking and text messaging didn't exist. Back in the 20th century, people would just wait for you to tell them, "It's a GIRL!!!" But, now, the texts start at 6:30!  Sheesh.

Re: A Watched Mom Never Labors!

• Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Ugh. I hope your LO decides to make an appearance soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Annoying isn't it?  Big Smile

I am not having the baby until next week and I am already getting calls - and I'm having a c-section so it isn't like we don't know when the bebe will be here and people are still calling, texting etc...

Hopefully you start soon!

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageELF4321:

Thanks! How're you doing now that you've had some time to adjust?

@PP, I think you have it worse, lol. You know when you're delivering, and they're still driving you bonkers. At least with me, it's an any day now kind of thing. 

• Options

imageELF4321:

Thanks! How're you doing now that you've had some time to adjust?

@PP, I think you have it worse, lol. You know when you're delivering, and they're still driving you bonkers. At least with me, it's an any day now kind of thing. 

• Options

Lol. Thanks, Joi. I'm going to talk to her about inducing Friday. My apt is Weds. The 24th is his father's ex-wife's birthday and the mean part of me would enjoy that. However, if I could hold out until the 25th, then he'd hold up the holiday tradition by having a birthday that falls on a holiday. May 25 can be Memorial Day! Plus, it'd be cool to deliver both my kids in their due dates!

Dad - July 4

Mom - Easter

Me - Easter

Sister - President's Day

DD - Summer Solatice/Father's Day 

• Options

I don't mean to laugh but that is funny! I hadn't really thought about all the connectivity issues with respect to having a baby. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to remember that one in August.

Hope your LO decides to make a move soon ... it can't be too much fun carrying him around this late in the game in hot-hot Texas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So true! My mom is doing the same thing. I finally told her I won't call if she doesn't stop asking. It is annoying. We went shopping today and she was so excited b/c I was contracting in the store. Of course, as soon as I was home again, it stopped. I will be sending lots of labor dust your way. I sort of feel like I am always 2 days behind you on everything. So, I figure once you finally go then I really need to get my s^*t together b/c I'll be right behind.  Wishful thinking, maybe!?  

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Awwww!!!!  Have been thinking of you!!! Sending you more labor dust to hopefully get ya jump started.  People can be soo frustrating!!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"