Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower before/after maternity photos?

For those of you who are getting or have had maternity photos done, did you do it before or after your shower? Did it matter to you to have your maternity pictures at your shower or not?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby shower before/after maternity photos?

• Options
    I'm a little lost.  Why on earth would you have maternity pictures at your shower?
  • Options

imageRoxyLynn:
    I'm a little lost.  Why on earth would you have maternity pictures at your shower?

This.  Your friends and relatives do not want to see your big naked belly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRoxyLynn:

This.  People get to see you in real life at your shower, why do you need your pictures there? (Unless your goal is specifically just to show them off, lame). 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you wanted to use your maternity pics on your invitations, I guess it would make sense to take them before, other than that I don't think when you take the pictures woould matter.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Nobody cares about your maternity photos except for your mom. lol
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    CranangCranang member

imageChristyML:
    For those of you who are getting or have had maternity photos done, did you do it before or after your shower? Did it matter to you to have your maternity pictures at your shower or not?

I don't get it...why do you need to have maternity photos at your shower?  Is this just an AW thing??

• Options
    This has little to do with the OP, but ChristyML, honey I think you're really building yourself up for a big let down with your shower.  This is the thirteen millionth post you've made about your shower, please stop obsessing about it. It's two hours out of your life where people are going to make you some ugly onsies, and give you gifts you didn't really want. It's not some life altering event.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MelleTXMelleTX member
    It didn't matter much to have your engagement photos at your wedding and it will matter even less to have maternity photos at your shower. It's just not relevant. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options

imagecouliegirl:
    This has little to do with the OP, but ChristyML, honey I think you're really building yourself up for a big let down with your shower.  This is the thirteen millionth post you've made about your shower, please stop obsessing about it. It's two hours out of your life where people are going to make you some ugly onsies, and give you gifts you didn't really want. It's not some life altering event.

hehe I was thinking the same thing earlier. 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ick, I hate maternity photos and don't understand why you'd ever have them at your shower.  No one cares about them except for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageChristyML:

Why would it matter? Those are usually for the family just to enjoy. I see you're keeping yourself away from the October board. Thanks for that at least!

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    I was going to have my photos done before the shower, since the host was so persistent that I do so so there'd be pics to display. Then I realized that I wouldn't be showing enough so I'd rather wait. 
  • Options
    kacellekacelle member
    I've never seen anyone display maternity pictures at the shower.  You're there; why do people need to see more pictures of your belly?
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

imageChristyML:

pssst...it's a baby shower not a wedding. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagelaurakaz13:
    Ick, I hate maternity photos and don't understand why you'd ever have them at your shower.  No one cares about them except for you. 

This. Besides, anyone who attends the shower will have the pleasure of viewing your stomach in person. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAleja0918:

imagelaurakaz13:

This. Besides, anyone who attends the shower will have the pleasure of viewing your stomach in person. 

I agree with these...although I don't hate maternity photos I do think they are for YOU and your DH.  They should be a wonderful "private" thing that is a great keepsake to put in the babybook.

• Options
    imageCraftyKayla:

imageChristyML:

Why would it matter? Those are usually for the family just to enjoy. I see you're keeping yourself away from the October board. Thanks for that at least!

I kind of love you, crafty.

And this type of attitude is typical of the OP. It's ALLLLL about her! 

• Options

imageMelleTX:
    It didn't matter much to have your engagement photos at your wedding and it will matter even less to have maternity photos at your shower. It's just not relevant. 

I didn't really think of this. Good point. Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"