June 2011 Moms

CP- What do you consider walking?

I hadn't considered Maya to be "walking", although she is taking up to 10, or so, steps at a time.  When she falls, she will switch to crawling the rest of the way.  She is sometimes unsteady on her feet, sometimes not, but she takes unassisted steps all day long.  My mom said that counts as walking, but I consider her a "super-cruiser" right now.  What do you think counts as walking?[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CP- What do you consider walking?

• akayfakayf member

Alex can walk 5-10 feet before falling and he's very unsteady.  Once he's using walking as his main method of movement, then I'l consider him a walker.  When someone asks if he's walking, I say he's learning how to walk and takes a few steps.  

• Collin has taken 8-9 steps before falling and crawling the rest of the way. I still do not consider him crawling under he is more steady, doing in consistently and walks more than crawls
  • Loading the player...
  • Since A doesn't walk at all yet, ill consider a chain of steps as steps as starting to walk. I'll take what I can get!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Once C always started by trying to walk, I considered him walking. When asked, I said he was walking some, but it's not his preferred method, yet. 

I will say, though, it only took 2 weeks to get from 4-5 steps to 100% walking, so I bet you won't even have to worry about this soon :).  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• I'd consider your DD "starting to walk", not "walking".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"