June 2011 Moms
Options

Post nursing bra size

Anybody have any idea when and if my boobs will go back to a normal size? DS weaned  two months ago, and I'm a 38H. Pre pregnancy I was a 36DD, so I'm not expecting to be tiny or anything, but I would really love to buy new bras, but dont want to spend the money to get the size I need if there's any hope in the near future that these suckers will be normal size again!! 

Re: Post nursing bra size

• Options
    I always heard that your cupsize decreases to less than it was pre-pregnancy once you wean. But I haven't weaned yet so I don't have any real answer for you. I'm curious about this though since I am a B now and loving it - hoping not to be a AA once I stop bf. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepolkadot1022:
    I always heard that your cupsize decreases to less than it was pre-pregnancy once you wean. But I haven't weaned yet so I don't have any real answer for you. I'm curious about this though since I am a B now and loving it - hoping not to be a AA once I stop bf. 
    Great... I'll have no boobs if that's the case!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nfrtnynfrtny member

imagepolkadot1022:

I definitely wouldn't mind being less than I was lol. I hope that's the case. Although my mom is still a 36DD after many years of nursing four years past a year each.  

• Options
    nfrtnynfrtny member

imagepolkadot1022:

I definitely wouldn't mind being less than I was lol. I hope that's the case. Although my mom is still a 36DD after many years of nursing four years past a year each.  

• Options
    with dd1, i started wearing underwire bras again when she was 18 months (she was still nursing though).  pre-pregnancy, i had been a 32FF.  when i bought new bras then i was a 32G.  then i promptly got pregnant again, and didn't wean dd1 until 3 months before dd2 was born.  so i don't know what my size would have been.  those 32Gs seem to fit now for the most part, although the cups are a little small.  maybe i'm a 32GG?  whatever, i have another year of nursing in my future.
  • Options
    klvklv member
    I was 34DD pre pregnancy. I wear the same size now, but they are about half a cup size smaller.
  • Options
    I had to wean Liam at 3mo, before I got pregnant I was a 34C.....now I'm a 32B....on a good day.  They seem SO much smaller, but I've also been running a lot and I'm ~15lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. 
  • Options
    lburseylbursey member

imageklv:
    I was 34DD pre pregnancy. I wear the same size now, but they are about half a cup size smaller.

This!!! (almost).  I was a 32 C before and wear the same bra size as well but they definitely seem a little smaller...maybe not as "full". 

• Options
    Right after delivery I was a 38J, I then went to a 34LL. My milk dried up and I am able to wear my 36H/I/J...It is a bit of a squeeze for the cup, but I dont want to buy new bras with being KU and it will change so much. The bands are a little roomy, but I am dealing.
  • Options
    Baby4OTBaby4OT member
    I've always gotten a little smaller after weaning each time (which is NOT good because I'm going to be concave probably after weaning DD3!). It seems from me and my friends that women who are small get smaller and women who have big boobs and want them to shrink down a bit stay the same. Wish it was the other way around! Where does one even find "nearly A" bras that aren't training bras for 10 year olds??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went down within 2 weeks of weaning.  Also, I was 36C pre-pregnancy, and 36F while pumping.  I went back to my prepreg size, and can wear some of the Ds I bought for during pregnancy still.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"