Pregnant after 35
Options

Skincare?

Hi gang- newb here in TTC phase, but wondering, what do you use for skincare now that you are pregnant?

I have always sworn by Philosophy, but have stopped using retinoid pads for the time being. Just wondering what works for you and that might be anti-aging and safe during pregnancy? Not a lot of info out there!

Re: Skincare?

• Options
    I swear by the Belli pregnancy line for ALL skncare. The acne wash followed by the facial hydrator cleared me up in less than 2 weeks & even though my mom had a ton of stretch marks and they say it is hereditary all my ultrasound techs, OBs and nurses were compelled to ask what I was using because I am 5'2" and gained about 60 lbs, (35 of those in the last 8 weeks so very rapidly) and gave birth to an 8lb 10oz, 22" long baby, with only a couple of pp clear stretch marks. I used the lavender elasticity Belli oil after showering and before bed starting in the 2nd tri. Now I am using the body firming serum and stretch mark minimizing cream...made in the USA too. I swear I don't work for them, I was just really happy with my results. Good Luck!
    Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thank UODB! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the belli body stuff, but didnt like the facial products, one of which I was allergic to.     I used philosophy pre-pregnancy too; now Im using a combo of ole henriksen and dr Weil for origins for face stuff.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and check out the environmental working groups skin deep database for info on what's in thousands and thousands of products along with numerical ratings.  They want you to use products with a rating of two or less.   If a product you're interested in isnt in their database you can also search by ingredient.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've been using Burt's Bees since I was pregnant with my first.

My friend told me Clarins is good too. 

• Options

I stopped using Retinol too when I got pregnant.  I did use my regular Neutrogena face scrub and my usual Lancome day moisturizer and Oil of Olay Deep Wrinkle night cream. 

For my body I swear by plain old Burt's Bees, and sometimes get fancy and go with L'Occitane Shea Body Butter. 

I usually get a chemical peel every 3 months or so, but had to stop doing that during pregnancy.  After she was born, I went and got one and it was great! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Burts Bees shampoo

kiss my face 100% olive oil soap for face and body (sometimes (dr bronner's castille soap)

Coconut oil for moisturizer

Kiss my face styling mousse

say yes to blueberries anti-aging spf 30 face moisturizer

alima pure mineral makeup

• Options

I love me some Liz Lemon :).

This might sound weird, but I recently started washing my face with a mixture of baking soda and water (as a mild cleanser/scrub) and then using a tonic of apple cider vinegar and water (applied with cotton ball) followed by my usual moisturizer. I usually battle blackheads and hormone-related breakouts (along my chin line and my temples), but this regimen has helped keep my skin noticeably clear.  Strange, but true.  And really, really cheap. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

mmm...I will have to try the baking soda thing!

I had to give up my precious Retin-A cream and have been using a mixture of some Estee Lauder, Cetaphil, Oil of Olay and recently started using 2-3 drops of Emu oil on my face.   

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, ladies- you've definitely given me a place to start :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"