Adoption
Options

Adoption Shower Gift Idea

For those of you who have adopted a toddler could you please share your favorite gifts you were given? When we adopted our son we brought him home from the hospital. So, this is a new thing for me. A friend is bring home their 18 month old from Korea this summer!!!! I want to get them somthing great, but I am not sure what. Thanks!

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
               Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                         EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM

Re: Adoption Shower Gift Idea

• Options

I think a membership to a local zoo or childrens museum would be great.  We have  a couple and it's so nice to be able to go whenever we want to go.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

My other idea is good books :)   Esp if this is their first... get your favorite ones for them.

As for that age and adoption, I esp love 10 Fingers, 10 Toes.  I know Target has a soft cover copy but the bigger board book is great and the story is great even though it's not really an adoption book (if you aren't familiar, it is a book about babies born all over the world).

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kacellekacelle member
    I've heard Mommy's Heart Went Pop (a new book about international adoption) is fantastic.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

I second the idea of books. 

At that age, my son starting liking his little furniture.  Here is a rocker that I've had my eye on.  Something like this would be a great treasure.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/62412023/solid-red-oak-12-inch-painted-rocking?ref=pr_shop
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"