January 2011 Moms

Foods you hate and your child loves?

My MIL loves to try and be helpful. When she comes out she always brings groceries which is very nice, but it is always the on sale premade food in flavors that I don't particularly care for. I will eat them sometimes, but I'm kind of picky when it comes to groceries.

Anyways last time she brought a ton of chef bouradey (spelled wrong... I know) beefy noodles. I have never had it so I made it for dinner one night. I don't think I could ever eat that and LO thought it was the best thing ever. She was chowing down. Are there any foods you tried and your LO's or DH's love but you can't stand?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Foods you hate and your child loves?

• My hatred of tomatoes is well known amongst my family, friends & co-workers.  Joshua LOVES them.  Of course I don't mind that he likes them since they are healthy but I find it funny that he loves them and I can't stand them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mushrooms. I think they're just ok. DH hates them. She dropped one the other day and he picked it up for her going "Ew ew ew" the whole time. I told him to knock it off before she starts to think they're gross too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • RedZeeRedZee member

Raisins. I hate them with a deep passion. I hate the feel, the texture, the taste, the fact that they are old fruit that was sitting around getting moldy - ew. DD loves them. I'm glad though because they are a really easy snack.

Also, I can't eat mushrooms (even though I really like them), and DD is a mushroom maniac. DH likes them too. Since I'm getting outnumbered, I've started making them from time to time.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Bananas.

I loathe them; DS adores them. He only gets them when DH feeds hims when I am not around (breakfast most mornings).

• imageCaniacMom:

My hatred of tomatoes is well known amongst my family, friends & co-workers.  Joshua LOVES them.  Of course I don't mind that he likes them since they are healthy but I find it funny that he loves them and I can't stand them.

LOL! I do not like them either. My husband won't touch them, our son loves them!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to say this if I hate a food, we probably don't buy it. I don't like sauces so she never gets them. I guess I could say raisins and dried fruits in general, I tolerate them but she likes 'em. She also likes lolipops (from DH) and I hate them lol. Also, anything cherry flavored tastes like medicine IMO but she is okay with that.
  • JT is such a picky eater but after reading this maybe I'm creating that by not offering more stuff!

Right now, there really isn't anything he eats that I wouldn't (although for a time he was on a string cheese kick and it kind of grossed me out but that's just a pg thing I think).

I should totally try raisins and mushrooms and tomatoes -- my kid eats like a bird. 

• Fish sticks. The kids love them, but I can't stand them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"