Pregnant after 35
Options

STMs: if you had CVS done

How was it post-procedure?  The doctor that is doing mine recommends 24 hour bed rest and 5 days without any strenuous activity and lifting over 10 lbs.  I'm having a hard time imaging not lifting DD at all for 5 days.

Re: STMs: if you had CVS done

• Options

I followed those instructions pretty close because I didn't want to risk anything. I had no issues what so ever.... no cramping or bleeding. I would try and follow them as closley as you can.

Good luck!!

• Options
    My doctor didn't recommend anything beyond 24 hours of rest, which I did. I had some mild cramps a couple of hours after the procedure and after that I felt fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KJGatorKJGator member
    I had a CVS done as a FTM in April at 12 weeks.   I think my doctor said to take it easy for 24 hours and avoid anything that might exercise the stomach muscles like lifting heavy things.  I had the CVS done through my abdomen.  I had some cramping - took 2 Tylenols - in the evening on the day of the procedure.  I felt fine after the Tylenol took effect.  Also, my stomach was a little tender/sore, but no other issues, and we received preliminary FISH results 2 days after and full results 10 days after the CVS.  We have a healthy baby girl coming in November.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"