Pregnant after 35
Options

Baby girl is breech

She's got another 10 days or so to flip on her own.  If she doesn't, I'm going to schedule an external version for right at 37 weeks.

Any successful version stories, ladies?

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.

Re: Baby girl is breech

• Options

I'd like to hear about successful versions, too. My lo is transverse, and while those are supposed to be easier to turn, being a ftm and having an anterior placenta are not helpful :(.

Have you tried the spinning babies inversion? Acupuncture? That is what I am trying so far. Still he is sideways... 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options

imagehijoi:
    I didn't do any version techniques, but N flipped himself at 38 weeks.  Good luck and I hope she turns on her own!

Oh, thanks for giving me some hope.  Was he flipping back and forth all along?  She has been happily hanging out like this for at least 6 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehijoi:
    imageemberlee3:

imagehijoi:
    I didn't do any version techniques, but N flipped himself at 38 weeks.  Good luck and I hope she turns on her own!

Oh, thanks for giving me some hope.  Was he flipping back and forth all along?  She has been happily hanging out like this for at least 6 weeks.

Nope.  The first time he went head down was at 38 weeks.  I had u/s every week from 30 on and he was never down. We had already scheduled his c/s when he turned.

Wow!  I am going to keep hoping.  A few ladies on other boards posted about their LOs flipping at 37 or 38 weeks.

• Options

DO NOT do an external version.  My DD#2 was transverse and they tried to turn her.  It was seriously the most excruciating experience of my life that left me black and blue, and I'm talking the color of a plum here, two weeks post partum.  This is not something I would recommend to someone I had a strong dislike for.  I cannot stress this enough to not do it.  You will have two people pushing HARD on your belly trying to get the baby to turn.  They will not be gentle.  

I agreed to it in hopes that I could have a successful VBAC, I still ended up having a c/s.  Again, awful terrible experience.  A c/s recovery is much more pleasant than trying to turn a baby in utero.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"