June 2011 Moms

Balloons for parties- Dollar General!

This may just be new to me, but I didn't know Dollar General will blow up balloons for you. They charge .50 per balloon to inflate (including Mylar).

I haven't got around to pricing this, but I just thought I'd let you ladies know. Not sure if it's a good deal or not. 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
<a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view

Re: Balloons for parties- Dollar General!

• HAHAHa! No lie... my MIL called me to tell me this like 20 minutes ago because she was calling around for balloons for D's birthday party! They are the cheapest she found. The other places charged 1.19 per balloon.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• cvl105cvl105 member

I already plan on going to Dollar Tree for our balloons. They have a pretty large variety too.

Do you know if they have the regular balloons or just the fancy mylar ones? I want a couple fancy ones, but then a bunch of the plain ones to tie to the porch, fence, etc.

If I bring balloons there will they blow them up - or do you have to purchase them from them?

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It is a good deal depending on how many balloons you plan on having and whether or not you mind/are able to transport them while blown up. I've been looking into this myself b/c we're having DD's party at a park and I'm either going to have to buy a disposable helium tank or bring the balloons already inflated. I'm thinking it's going to be easier to buy the tank and inflate the balloons right at the park (can get it for about $17 with a coupon at Michaels) so that I don't have to make multiple trips to and from our home and the park.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • imagecvl105:

I already plan on going to Dollar Tree for our balloons. They have a pretty large variety too.

Do you know if they have the regular balloons or just the fancy mylar ones? I want a couple fancy ones, but then a bunch of the plain ones to tie to the porch, fence, etc.

If I bring balloons there will they blow them up - or do you have to purchase them from them?

Ours has both mylar and latex ones, not sure if thats every where though. Also you dont have to purchase them from them.  I normally buy balloons online and bring them in to be filled (the price is per balloon and it doesnt matter how big they are)

The hard part is getting them all home!

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• milescmilesc member
    imagewendy46001:
    imagecvl105:

Ours has both mylar and latex ones, not sure if thats every where though. Also you dont have to purchase them from them.  I normally buy balloons online and bring them in to be filled (the price is per balloon and it doesnt matter how big they are)

The hard part is getting them all home!

This!

They have them both, and it doesn't matter if they are bought there or not- they'll inflate them! 

They have bags of solid, regular balloons in all colors for  $1!!! I believe they came 20 in a bag... Don't hold me to it though

• milescmilesc member

imageNickiechan:
    HAHAHa! No lie... my MIL called me to tell me this like 20 minutes ago because she was calling around for balloons for D's birthday party! They are the cheapest she found. The other places charged 1.19 per balloon.

Whoa, $1.19?!

Smile DG it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"