October 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone have some ideas for gender reveal through email or phone?

My parents will be leaving June 1st for 3 months. We have our ultrasound to find out the gender on June 4th so they will not be here. I want to do something creative for them and not just yell on the phone "its a ..." Any ideas on what we could do. If it tied in to what we are doing for my in laws that would be great too.

I was thinking of getting a cake that says "its a ..." and giving it to my in laws and sending a pic of it to my parents.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

PS I cant snail mail them anything because they will be traveling and not have an address to mail to.

Re: Anyone have some ideas for gender reveal through email or phone?

• Options
    I sent an ecard to my in-laws.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options
    My mom lives out of state so after we find out the sex DH and I are going to my sisters house with black balloons with the color confetti inside for her to pop. We are going to take video on my iPhone  of her popping the balloon to find out and send it to my mom. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemissypups33:

My parents will be leaving June 1st for 3 months. We have our ultrasound to find out the gender on June 4th so they will not be here. I want to do something creative for them and not just yell on the phone "its a ..." Any ideas on what we could do. If it tied in to what we are doing for my in laws that would be great too.

I was thinking of getting a cake that says "its a ..." and giving it to my in laws and sending a pic of it to my parents.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

PS I cant snail mail them anything because they will be traveling and not have an address to mail to.

My mom was out of town on the day we found out so my SO and I wanted to do something special for her. We were going to have cupcakes made that she could pick up with either pink or blue inside but I kept seeing everyone doing that idea in one way or another and I wanted to be more creative. So my SO and I made bottles full of skittles and each bottle had either a pink or blue skittle mixed in with all the other colors. On the outside we tied little cards and one had an orange cupcake sticker (to kind of play off that little idea since my mom had heard about it) and one had a yellow cupcake. My SO also made little onesies with pink and blue "I love my Mimmy (what LO will call my mom hopefully)" and put them in bottles too and attached to the coordinating skittle bottle. Then, that day we called and said "Well the baby is an orange cupcake" (girl) and while on the phone she poured out all those skittles and found the pink one and started screaming. It was super cute and made her really feel a part of things. Have fun planning the surprise! :)

BabyFruit Ticker boots badge please visit my blog at: www.msmama0823.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Take some pics with a framed u/s tied with the relevant colored bow, or with pink or blue balloons in your hand or coming out of a box.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm sticking my head out of lurkerdom, because I'm in a similar situation. DH is going to be out of town for work when I have the ultrasound, and as much as I wanted us to find out the gender together (you know, opening a sealed envelope from the doctor or something like that), it means waiting an extra month and neither of us wanted to do that.

So right after the ultrasound, I'm going to pick up a bib or a onesie that says something along the lines of "Daddy's Girl" or "Handsome like Daddy", depending on Baby's sex. Then I'm going to text a picture to DH along with a message that says, "Mommy and I miss you! Love, <name we selected for that particular sex>"

More creative than blurting it out over the phone, but quick enough that he's not waiting while I devise some elaborate gender reveal scheme. I'm sure there's a way you could alter an idea like this to fit your situation. Good luck and have fun!

me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options

We are taking a picture of one of us biting into a cupcake with either pink or blue filling. I've seen a girl video herself and husband buying girl or boy shoes and emailing the video. 

For my grandparents, I found a poem written like it is from baby but says either great granddaughter or great grandson that I will email to them.  

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    I was a competitive swimmer growing up.  The first thing I bought our little girl was a frilly pink swimsuit for next summer.  I took a picture of the swimsuit and sent it to our close friends and family and told them we were ready for mommy and baby swimming lessons next summer.  Maybe you have a hobby your could incorporate.
  • Options

imageChrisG83:
    My mom lives out of state so after we find out the sex DH and I are going to my sisters house with black balloons with the color confetti inside for her to pop. We are going to take video on my iPhone  of her popping the balloon to find out and send it to my mom. 

I am totally not meaning to be snarky or anything... I LOVE the theory of the confetti idea.  But I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning it all up.  I hope your sis is alright with this.

We are doing the balloons coming out of the box, but video taping it beforehand (just us doing it alone) so we can send the video out at the same time people are seeing it in person.  I would love to share the video with our babies later, too.

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sami91Sami91 member
    We're finding out tomorrow (YAY!) and will be calling my family in AZ, OK, and up north here in CA after the u/s to tell them. We're broke so phone calling is the way to go! =)
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"