June 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: Resume/Job search question

I am planning to start sending resumes out tonight to jobs I am interested in in Colorado. But I am not sure what address I should use.

Do I list my current address in California? Or my soon to be address in Colorado?

I don't want to look like a lair if I am called for an interview and still live in Cali. But I also don't want to be overlooked because they see that I don't live in Colorado.

Ideas?

Re: NBR: Resume/Job search question

• Options
    I would put your current address and mention in the cover letter (if you include one) that you will be relocating and the date of your move.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    i would list your soon-to-be address if you know it.  you can mention in your cover letter that you will be living at that address at a certain time.  but i agree that you wouldn't want to be overlooked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an applicant list both her school and permanent addresses on the top of her resume. Would listing both be an option?
  • Options

imagesaunderslm2:
    I had an applicant list both her school and permanent addresses on the top of her resume. Would listing both be an option?

I thought about this too. I will have to look at my resume when I get home. I am sure it would be just a formatting change if anything. I haven't had to look for a job in 8 years, so I haven't looked at my resume in a long time.

• Options
    imageSyncronicity09:

imagesaunderslm2:

I thought about this too. I will have to look at my resume when I get home. I am sure it would be just a formatting change if anything. I haven't had to look for a job in 8 years, so I haven't looked at my resume in a long time.

It looked like she had her info in 2 columns and it was centered within the column. You could always right or left justify them. Good Luck with your job search!

• Options
    Definitely include a cover letter and in the cover letter include this information. I have seen plenty of resumes with two addresses - all college students seeking internships or their first job out of college.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"