January 2012 Moms
Options

waking up to pee everywhere....

My LO pee's outside of his diaper frequently over night.  I have made sure everything on the diapers are in the right place and have even gone up a size for night time...

any other suggestions needed!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: waking up to pee everywhere....

• Options
    This is happening to us too.  She sleeps though the night and we are changing her sheets almost every morning.  She normally wears Pampers Swaddlers.  We've also tried Pampers DryMax without success.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switched to Huggies Snug N Dry and have never leaked since we made the switch.

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we use pampers swaddlers.

i also tried target brand i heard they hold more... nope my LO is a pee machine.

Huggies seemed to leak for us

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    I know you probably don't want to switch to cloth, but what about a diaper cover from Bummis or Thirsties to put over the disposable?
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Huggies makes over night diapers and they work wonders they seem to be a little thicker
  • Options

imagesweetky_06:
    I know you probably don't want to switch to cloth, but what about a diaper cover from Bummis or Thirsties to put over the disposable?

Babies-r-us also has some cloth diaper covers.  It won't help you LO soaking the diaper, but the cover will keep it from getting everywhere.  You could get 2 covers just for overnight if you don't want to spend much money.

Sorry I'm not much help in the disposable department.  Perhaps you need a more absorbant brand?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

Are you making sure you are pointing the "thingy" down?!?!?! No one told me this before I had my LO and he peed up and it would leak out almost everytime before I caught on. Every now and then he will wake up in the morning with a wet spot and I think it's just his "thingy" moving around since he rolls a lot and sleeps on his side.

I have NO IDEA why it would be happening with a girl though... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Always had great luck with LUVS. Less messes then with pampers and they are cheaper too.
  • Options
    wychetswychets member

imagewolson1988:
    We switched to Huggies Snug N Dry and have never leaked since we made the switch.

THIS EXACTLY!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewychets:

imagewolson1988:

THIS EXACTLY!!

Adding Huggies to my Target shopping list.  Thank you!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagejnickers98:
    imagewychets:

imagewolson1988:

THIS EXACTLY!!

Also, do a quick check that the onesie (if LO is wearing a onesie) isn't too tight in the crotch area. If you have all of this extra room in the one size up diaper, but it's all getting smashed by the onesie, it's more likely to leak. I'm also in the cloth diaper camp though, and I've not had one leak since the switch! 

• Options
    imagekelleynb28:

Are you making sure you are pointing the "thingy" down?!?!?! No one told me this before I had my LO and he peed up and it would leak out almost everytime before I caught on. Every now and then he will wake up in the morning with a wet spot and I think it's just his "thingy" moving around since he rolls a lot and sleeps on his side.

Good God, its a penis not a "thingy".  Why is everyone so offended by bodyparts?

• Options
    imagekelleynb28:

Good God, its a penis not a "thingy".  Why is everyone so offended by bodyparts?

• Options
    imagelorahbora:
    imagejnickers98:
    imagewychets:

imagewolson1988:

THIS EXACTLY!!

Also, do a quick check that the onesie (if LO is wearing a onesie) isn't too tight in the crotch area. If you have all of this extra room in the one size up diaper, but it's all getting smashed by the onesie, it's more likely to leak. I'm also in the cloth diaper camp though, and I've not had one leak since the switch! 

She sleeps in a sleep sack/gown.  So I don't think that's the issue.  She's a great sleeper, usually from 9p-8a.  Her last bottle is around 8p and she usually takes 6-7 oz.  I just don't think the swaddlers can absorb that much liquid.  I'm going to try the Huggies Snug N Dry.  Once she's in a size 3 we can try the overnights.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I tried a couple of diaper brands and I find that huggies snug and dry works best. My son used to pee and wet everything I too learned to put the penis down lol no one told me either house full of girls. But out all the diapers huggies works best for us.
  • Options
    We switched to Huggies Snug and Dry (at night) and it solved all of our leaking problems.  We haven't had an unscheduled sheet change since the switch.  Thanks to everyone with the recommendation.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"