January 2011 Moms
Options

Another question re: clothing

I swear this is the last question. Do you let LO wear shorts/ skorts now that it is warm out? I'd let her but I am scared that she might fall while climbing/ running around. I feel like wearing longer clothes will help to give her an extra layer of protection. Am I over-protecting her? haha

Re: Another question re: clothing

• Options
    No, my LO does not wear shorts outside, because she trips too much. I put her in capris or thin pants if it is hot out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Exactly my point. DD has a pair of shorts that SMIL got her and I was like hmm I don't know if she will get to wear this any time soon!! Then SMIL said why not, that she will bang herself up anyway :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it ever gets that warm in New England again I think I would.  I have a boy not a girl maybe it is different, he has had bruises on his shins even though he has been in pants, I am sure he will come home with skinned knees but I would rather him be comfortable in shorts then hot in pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagedebperdoo:
    If it ever gets that warm in New England again I think I would.  I have a boy not a girl maybe it is different, he has had bruises on his shins even though he has been in pants, I am sure he will come home with skinned knees but I would rather him be comfortable in shorts then hot in pants.

I guess this is what my SMIL is getting at?

• Options
    imageHALFM00N:

imagedebperdoo:

I guess this is what my SMIL is getting at?

Maybe - I just figure when it is 90 out that pants wont do so well, at least since you have a girl you have the option of capris, or longer dresses.  My daycare spends a lot of time outside in the summer, I feel like if I sent ds in pants they would take them off and let him run around in a onesie or just shirt if they thought it was too warm anyways. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We go to the park first thing in the morning so it's not too hot for pants yet at that time. I'm sure in a couple months though, that will be a different story. DD doesn't fall all that much - she thinks that the ground is icky (she comes running to me with her hands out if they get dirty) so she tries her damndest not to fall.

Maybe you could try baby legs with a skirt? That would allow some air flow to her diaper area and ankles.

• Options

Joshua wears shorts a lot now that it has warmed up.  He does well with walking - especially considering he just finally decided to really take off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Iz wears shorts and dresses.

She was wearing a dress two weeks ago and got her first skinned knee. It didn't seem to phase her until I brought a bandaid out. She cried until she pulled the bandaid off and gave it to me in some sort of baby lecture tone. It was almost comical. She walks really well though and doesn't fall very often (unless she is really tired).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JT is constantly falling but I put him in shorts all the time. A lot of shorts we have end up being long on him anyway and most come past his knees but like PP mentioned, he always has bruises anyway so I just let him go at it. When he scrapes and bleeds it's usually on his face anyway - YIKES!!
  • Options
    We do board shorts a lot. He plays with cars and stuff on his knees and crawls with them. I feel like he needs some leg coverage.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, skirts and shorts, and dresses.  She gets scraped knees sometimes but that's part of being a kid.  It doesn't hurt her, and she's almost always sweaty even in shorts.
  • Options
    Mine wear shorts, skirts and dresses. I would prefer they be comfortable. Also the only place Em is still unsteady is on rougher terrain like grass/hillsides. So I'm fine letting her fall on that. She hasn't gotten skinned knees yet. Usually when she falls she catches herself with her hands.
  • Options
    I AM overthinking it. Every time DD falls, I imagine a scenario where daycare gets concerned and reports me to CPS lol... so yea paranoid a bit?
  • Options
    E overheats very, very quickly so I would have a screaming toddler if I even attempted to put pants on this kid.  She's scraped her knees a couple times already but she's a kid and it happens, ya know?  She usually cries for about a minuet and is then wiggling to get back down and continue running around. 
  • Options
    imageHALFM00N:
    I AM overthinking it. Every time DD falls, I imagine a scenario where daycare gets concerned and reports me to CPS lol... so yea paranoid a bit?
    If she reports you to CPS, they're not going to follow up on skinned knees.  Seriously, they can barely keep up with crack babies and sexually abused kids, they're not going to go all out with a home visit on a kid who's otherwise totally healthy and happy and has a typical toddler injury.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"