August 2012 Moms
Options

Binsi labor skirts?

Do you know anyone who has used a Binsi labor skirt? I never knew it existed until I googled labor skirts after seeing a woman wear a skirt in a video in our childbirth class.  It looked so comfortable to wear a skirt and sports bra.  Their website also has a sports bra that has convenient snaps. I am pretty sure I may go this route but am curious if anyone has heard good things or bad things from friends or if you are a STM that used one? Or should I just wear a comfy cotton maternity skirt and a nursing bra? (I will be delivering in a hospital)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Binsi labor skirts?

• Options

before you invest in anything, call and speak with the nurse manager at the hospital you are delivering at to see if they will allow it. I had several women come to the hospital with "designer" hospital gowns, sometimes they were allowed. Usually they were not allowed if they did not have buttons at the top to open the gown that way in the event of an emergency.

I've never had anyone come with a skirt they wanted to wear, but my only thought is that in the event of a stat c-section it would be difficult and timely to change you into a gown. The sports bra (or any bra) was always prohibited because it can be in the way for spinals (for stat c-sections) and they have metal in them (underwire) and can cause burns and be in the way in the event of a cardiac arrest.

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • Options

I ended up delivering in the nude.  I was in and out of the shower a lot, and it since I didn't bother with putting my gown back on I know I wouldn't have bothered with a skirt.  

Also, as a patient you have rights and you can tell the hospital to shove any of their policies up their butts. If something is truly an emergency they can cut your clothes off.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!! I just did my hospital tour and wish I had thought to ask! I will call and find out, esp since I will be on heart monitors right away (high bp).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a friend who used one when her son was born a few months ago, and she loved it.  Actually, I think she loved it more when she was 8/9 months pregnant, and just wore it as a regular skirt because it fit and was so comfy!  As far as I know, she used it during the birth and liked it. 
  • Options
    give birth nude, more comfortable than anything and cheaper
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChibiMommy:

I ended up delivering in the nude.  I was in and out of the shower a lot, and it since I didn't bother with putting my gown back on I know I wouldn't have bothered with a skirt.  

Also, as a patient you have rights and you can tell the hospital to shove any of their policies up their butts. If something is truly an emergency they can cut your clothes off.

I agree that as a patient you have rights and can tell them to shove it on most things. This is one of the areas you will probably lose. I'm big on telling the hospital to shove it too! :) The reason you will lose is that anesthesia will refuse to treat you, and they can do that. Its a battle I wouldn't be willing to start. Lots of other battles are more worth it.

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"