Parenting after 35

**GimmeeTimmies** Man Eye Candy!

Thought that'd get all you ladies' attention, but this is especially for GT.

An especially yummy looking Alan Doyle this morning on Canada AM.  Look!  He has a tan and everything! HA

https://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip678463#clip678463

Please tell me you're getting a sitter and going to see him in Edmondton or Calgary next week.  He's not coming out to Colorado, at least for now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **GimmeeTimmies** Man Eye Candy!

• mwdmwd member
    Better than your average post Wink.  That concert is gonna rock!
  • mwd, are you a fan too?????

GT and I are both fans of Great Big Sea and Alan Doyle is the one man I'd leave my husband for... ha!

He's going to be in Chicago at the end of the month.... not that far of a drive for you!

• Loading the player...
  • mwdmwd member

I have followed some of the posts that you and GT have done, and really liked them. Alan and Great Big Sea reminds me of the Bodeans when they were starting out, who are a Milwaukee fav.  Chicago, huh? My BFF just finished school. maybe a road trip to see them both.  

• Sounds like a great gift for the graduate!   We go to Mil fairly often.. DH's best friend lives out by Oconomowac.   They're GBS and Bodeans fans, too

Not sure of Alan's date in Chicago.. it's at a very small venue somewhere downtown, I think.

https://alandoyle.ca/ has a link for tour info.

And to be perfectly honest, I think I'd rather see all of GBS than just Alan or Sean solo.  Nothing against them, but I like them as a ensemble best.

• steverstever member
    Am I fired from the board for saying I've never heard of that guy and that, after checking out his website, I don't find him terribly attractive either?Embarrassed
  • imagestever:
    Am I fired from the board for saying I've never heard of that guy and that, after checking out his website, I don't find him terribly attractive either?Embarrassed

Oh no, Stever.  I will still like you! 

He's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.  In fact, he's kinda short, a little too hairy and a little chunky lately.  Plus he's got a wicked Canadian accent, which is sometimes hard to follow. 

But he's got a real charming personality that grows on you.   And he's a fabulous singer and always puts on an amazing performance.  It's all about the charisma.  We had beers with him and some of his bandmates a few years ago and he's just a genuine guy.  Plus, he's best friends with Russell Crowe, who is also not the best looking guy in the room.

• How the heck did I miss that!! Yeah, Stever, it's the charisma thing. BB, I saw them live in uni, we were dancing the entire time, drenched in sweat. It was fanfreakintastic. I enjoyed them as much as Pink Floyd (but everyone enjoyed that one, KWIM?) And no, sadly not going, I just checked the dates, kids have a competition then. Crying

I see you GBS, and raise you Walk Off the Earth. So much fun, I love their music too!

• Well that's probably the most original video I've ever freakin' seen.  Great sound!  I must investigate more!

(And let's hope they become successful enough to buy more instruments, eh?)  :)

• As for GBS.. I've seen them several times. 

First "real" date with DH was to go to some concert in Denver to see some Canadian band.  Hadn't heard any songs and couldn't even really see the stage, but we were both hooked.  It was NHL All-Star weekend in Denver in 2001 so the place was packed with Canadians. So just for that, they have a special place in my heart.

Fastforward.. they've been out here quite a bit so we've seen them in very intimate settings and large concert halls.  After their small venue show here in Colorado Springs, they came over to our friends' Irish pub across the street and we had Guinness with Alan and Sean's brother, Glenn (the merchandise guy).   All very down to earth gents.

• Yeah, that sounds like them, so down to earth and fun. When I went, it was at the ballroom at the uni student center, so small and intimate. I worked for the newspaper then and we used to fight over the concert tickets. The entertainment editor interviewed them on our nasty couch drinking pick-a-pop and beer. It was hilarous, because we were all there trying to bed inconspicuous. So many good bands came through there. My next favorite guys were the Barenaked Ladies.
  • Did you know there have been a couple of BNL-hosted Caribbean cruises where they take along their "friend" bands, which of course includes GBS?   Sounds like it's been quite the week-long party.

I would think about going sans-Charles, except that I am not seaworthy... major puker on water.  I did a cruise once and was miserable the entire time, even with all the anti-sea sickness meds.

(Boy, that was a U-turn, BB)

• I'd go! I'm a water based life form! Ed is delish, I'd go cruise with him. A buddy of mine that's in a music group is thinking of doing something like this, and a bunch of my girlfriends were contemplating going (no kids, no dh). But it's not in my budget. Crying
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"