Adoption

Finalization

Hi everyone.  I post on the 12-24 month board, but need your advice.  My best friend and his wife adopted a baby girl and the adoption will be finalized (in court) on the 30th of this month.  I'm going to be attending court with them.  What  (if anything) is a good gift?  Should it be for the parents?  Or baby?

TIA!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Finalization

• That's great that you are going to court with them -- what a huge special day!

I think my parents brought us flowers.  We got cards from our other family members. 

I know there's a book called Adoption Day; you could give them that book (or another adoption-related children's book) and inscribe it with a special message for the child. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you so much!  I just ordered the book online and will definitely inscribe it with a message.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can also offer to take photos for them at court (when the judge allows it).  We had a friend show up unexpectedly at the last minute, and I'm so glad that he was there to get a photo of us all together.  But definitely make sure it's okay before you take any photos - you don't want to get kicked out of lose your camera!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicbr>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"