Preemies
Options

Baby Gabriel

I posted this on the July 2012 board and wanted to join this board as my husband and I are now the proud parents of a preemie.

My son Gabriel was due July 26, but he decided to make an early entrance on May 8, 2012.This being my second pregnancy I knew the signs of preterm labor and when I started feeling nauseated along with painful contractions( 6 inside of an hour), I knew I needed to go to L&D, especially since I had a complete previa. I was getting dressed when I started bleeding so heavily that I had to call 911. When I got to the hospital, the doctors told me that I also had PPROM. They told me that they would monitor the bleeding before making a decision about delivering the baby. Because the bleeding slowed but didn't stop and my blood pressure was dangerously low they decided to do an emergency cesarean. Gabriel was born weighing 2lbs 13oz and screaming his little lungs out. He's doing so well, only had to be intubated the first night and he only needed one dose of surfactant. He's hooked up to a machine that runs air through his nose to help him regulate his breathing. His care team are so proud of him! I can't wait until he's home!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby Gabriel

• Options
    Welcome baby Gabriel!  How wonderful that he is doing so well.  What a handsome guy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He's so cute! Congratulations on a feisty boy! That's always a good word in NICU, right? :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats, mama, and welcome to the board.  You have two beautiful children.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations on your little guy and welcome to the board! I'm glad to hear that he only needed to be on the ventilator for 1 night and is now on CPAP! I hope that you have a smooth NICU stay!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!  I'm glad you came over this way!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little guy! Praying for a short NICU stay.

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!! He sounds feisty; that will help him do very well and hit his milestones quickly!
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"