Pregnant after IF
Options

Too early to be EXHAUSTED?

We went to a local festival today so I did a good amount of walking but nothing too serious, and only for and hour and half or so. I noticed I couldn't keep up with DH and walk as fast as normal. We only stayed for two hours total then went to T.arg.et for some items. By the time I got home (around 3:30 or so) I was so tired I collapsed on the bed. I know I slept 8 hours last night but this wave of exhaustion came over me. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap but I remember waking up midway through and felt so completely wiped out I knew I couldn't get up yet.

I am feeling a bit better now but I know I could probably go to sleep in a few hours. Is this normal? Did any of you experience this in 1st tri? DH kept saying that this should be happening much later in the game, jokingly of course, but it got me wondering. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
TTC since March/April 2010
DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
IVF - January 2012: BFN
FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!

Re: Too early to be EXHAUSTED?

• Options
    I've been completely exhausted since about 5-6 weeks.  It's finally started to get better in the last week or so.  I think it's just our bodies getting used to the surge in progesterone and other hormones. 
    IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oh the fun! in the beginning i could hardly do anything without needing a nap LOL and it only comes back later on, i'm so greatful i've had a light schedule at work with days off, because i've been napping every day, also since i hardly sleep at night LOL
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ljhgreyljhgrey member
    I've been exhausted since week 6 too. Would get home from work after 4, lay on the couch until 8 when I passed out for good! I'm a waste of space :) 
    -LJ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hear ya! It gets worse the further you get...There are days- where it takes me a minute- I am awake, but mentally preparing myself to put my feet on the floor... now that is s different story...
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4-8 weeks was a rough time. I just wanted to be on the couch all the time!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options

imagegervaisj6:
    I hear ya! It gets worse the further you get...There are days- where it takes me a minute- I am awake, but mentally preparing myself to put my feet on the floor... now that is s different story...

Yes what i won't miss at all LOL

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah! I was absolutely exhausted in the beginning. It does get better in 2nd Tri.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    Ok thanks so much ladies! I was wondering if I was coming down with something! 
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
  • Options
    I'm nine weeks and completely exhausted all the time.  My DH has given me a new super hero name...he calls me The Sleepore...able to sleep anytime and anyplace.  Okay, not as funny in written form but when he does the super hero voice it makes me giggle.
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Nope, totally normal.  1st tri is really hard on the body, I was exhausted and useless the whole first tri.  2nd tri was MUCH better.  I just started 3rd tri, but am ready for the exhaustion to come back any day now.  Enjoy the naps, you deserve them.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imageMrkyrain:
     My DH has given me a new super hero name...he calls me The Sleepore...able to sleep anytime and anyplace..

Ha, that made me laugh. Sounds like something my DH would say.  

• Options
    byrne15byrne15 member
    I was so tired the whole 1st tri

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Totally normal!  I had to take a nap everyday if I could during first tri and still be able to sleep 10 hours at night.  I would start going to bed earlier that usual to so I could get extra sleep.  I am finally getting less exhausted where I am not napping as much or as long the past two weeks or so.  I'm sure it will come back eventually but for now I am enjoying the energy.  Don't worry about it and rest as much as you feel you need to.  Its hard work making a baby.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ann679Ann679 member
    I have been exhausted since 7dp3dt.  That was the first symptom I got and it never went away.  Things I have read say that the you get a boost of energy in the 2nd Tri, but that never happened for me.  Unfortunately, I think exhaustion is pretty normal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This was how I figured out that I was pregnant. Missing periods was nothing but I knew that when I fell asleep eating a taco that something was amiss. It has gotten slightly better in the second tri but I can already feel it slowly creeping its way back in...
    26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 1 week old
  • Options

I am exhausted too.  I fell asleep during acupuncture today and then ran errands and then had to take a nap before dinner and now I am back on the couch!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    Im right there with you.  Im also having a hard time taking a deep breath.  Its weird, lol.  But yes, so tired!
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Totally normal sweets!  Your body is working hard on growing that bean!! :)  Like OPs have said, you should get much of your energy back in 2nd tri.
  • Options
    I was completely and totally exhausted in the first tri! I chalked it up to your body adjusting to everything going on!! 2nd tri I started feeling better! And I'm back to completely and totally exhausted now in third tri! I just woke up from at least a 3 hr nap! I didn't even mean to fall asleep on the couch!!!

I say just embrace it and nap when you can!!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• Options
    I remember working 12 hour shifts, which had never been a problem, thinking how the H am I going to make it past 3 without any caffeine. I had never been so tired in my life. A friend did a drop by without call this one of the days I had off and she swears she saw a ghost. It was 3 in the afternoon, I haden't showered, I hadn't brushed my hair, I was still in pj's from my 2nd nap of the day. It was AWFUL! I don't think I did much else then work and sleep first tri. Don't beat yourself up and tell dh you make babies what's his super power?
  • Options
    The first trimester all i wanted to do was sleep. It gets better once you hit the second. I say, if you can, nap. Your body is working overtime right now.
  • Options
    The first few weeks I was the most exhausted.  I would get home from work and just lay on the couch for hours.  It did get better for me from like 10 weeks until now, but lately I haven't been sleeping well, so I am exhausted all day.  I think it is supposed to get better in the second tri so I am looking forward to that!
  • Options
    Totally normal! Happens to me all the time. Get some rest.
  • Options

imagekrismott25:
    Don't beat yourself up and tell dh you make babies what's his super power?

LOL I will say that. ha! Thanks all! 

• Options
    I have also been this way since ~5 weeks. I can never get enough sleep and when I am awake I am still exhausted. I hear 2nd and 3rd tri are much better. Our babies are the perfect little opportunist. They take everything they need from you and it leaves you with nothing. If me being exhausted and sick makes my little muppet feel better, bring it on!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageBlueyed228:
    Im right there with you.  Im also having a hard time taking a deep breath.  Its weird, lol.  But yes, so tired!

This too!! I feel like I sigh all of the time.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So I read this post yesterday and thought, "not really me". Then I proceeded to fall asleep on the couch last night at 8pm, while watching our DVR of the season finale of CSI, dragged myself off the couch and collapse back into bed. When the alarm when off at 8, I begged DH to walk the dog so I could sleep 30 more min. When I got home from church and brunch with my family, I took a nap on the couch. I am still on the couch, though I have managed to finish watching CSI. I'm contemplating another nap.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    Im pooped all the time. My mom was in town for mothers day this weekend, and both days i napped mid-afternoon. All i want to do is sleep...i hope it gets better..
    TTC since August 2010
    4 failed cycles of clomid, 1 Femara IUI = BFN IVF #1- results 3/20- BFN
    FET - April 17 - 2 frosties 5aa
    Beta #1 9dp6dt- 4/26 - 344 BFP!!
    Beta #2 13dp6dt- 4/30- 1385
    u/s scheduled for 5/16
    3 furbabies (1 pug mix, 2 tabby cats)
    SAIF/PAIF welcome
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards