Preemies

Start solids on actual age or adjusted?

When did you all start solids?  My pediatrician recommends at 4-6 months of age however I didn't clarify if it's his actual age or his adjusted age?
+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Start solids on actual age or adjusted?

• vsalt31vsalt31 member
    Hi I was told to use adjusted age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were told to go by adjusted age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our pedi said to watch for signs of interest, which we haven't seen too much of yet. We've just reached the 6 month mark for Bowen's actual age, and he'll still sit sweetly on my lap while I eat without ever even reaching for a thing on my plate. He does enjoy watching people eat, so I'm sure that's all about to change soon.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesroddy12:
    When did you all start solids?  My pediatrician recommends at 4-6 months of age however I didn't clarify if it's his actual age or his adjusted age?

You'll get a mish-mash of answers for this - seems each pedi has their own thoughts so I'd call your own to clarify if you want. Otherwise, I'd just go on visual cues/readiness :) FWIW ours went by adjusted. 

• My Pedi wanted us to look for signs (which I can not remember now) which happened around 9months act/6 months adj. Its atill trial and error about what they like but we are getting there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We always go by adjusted age - we started at 6 months adjusted
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We started at 5 months actual, which is 3.5 adjusted (pedi's idea).  That said, my little guy was attempting to steal our dinner plates and eat the food on them.  He got a fistful of mashed potatoes which he licked off his fingers right before we started giving him his own food.  I would look for signs, if your little one isn't ready he won't actually eat much.....and if he is.....my little guy has a tendency to gobble everything up (well, not anything green and not meat.....but everything else).
  • Our pedi started solids at 6 months instead of typical 4. DS was 6w2d early.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"