Preemies

Another Preemie Mom introduction

Hello Ladies,

I have been lurking for the past 3 months and have decided it's time to introduce myself.  I had my baby girl via emergency c-section at 33 weeks on January 23rd due to a partial abruption.  She was in the NICU for 21 days.  She had some respiratory issues at birth but is doing well now.  I don't know any other preemie moms IRL so I have been lurking on the board.  It has been nice to feel like I have a "home" board.  I am happy to answer any questions. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Another Preemie Mom introduction

• Welcome :) Glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on your DD and a short(ish) NICU stay. How have things been going? Share a photo when you have time! 
  • Thanks.  We've been doing good at home. She was born at 4lbs 11oz, discharged at 5lb 2oz and as of this morning weighs 13 pounds!  Her developmental progress clinic recommended she start Early Intervention because she was measuring behind on her milestones.  Which, I knew she would be, but it was still tough to hear.  She hates tummy time (any tips?) but loves sitting up like a big girl. 

How do I upload a pic?

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the birth of your daughter.  I hope she is doing well at home now.  Welcome to the board!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJenCamp515:

Thanks.  We've been doing good at home. She was born at 4lbs 11oz, discharged at 5lb 2oz and as of this morning weighs 13 pounds!  Her developmental progress clinic recommended she start Early Intervention because she was measuring behind on her milestones.  Which, I knew she would be, but it was still tough to hear.  She hates tummy time (any tips?) but loves sitting up like a big girl. 

How do I upload a pic?

The short answer is go to tinypic.com and upload and get the href there to past into the html link here - but if you're like me and need step by step slowwww here is my favorite how-to-do-it-all: https://www.thebump.com/profiles/Ambsies/mybump/mybio

She sounds like she's doing awesome! Most (all?) preemies get referred to EI which is a good thing. We did it for a little while, but were discharged. The nice thing about it (among many!) is that we can automatically re-enter the program if anything shows up in the first few years. His NICU f/u clinic has some concerns about his legs (tight, slight bow-legged) typical with preemies but might require OT depending on how he develops.

Tummy time: if she really hates it (most do) just be adamant and maybe do a few minutes a few times/day. I know some parents did it with LO on their chest. DS had a really neat contraption that I'll look up on Amazon for you. It was a playmat with a ladybug that really helped him build upper body strength. It was fun so I could distract him long enough for him to get into it :) 

• GoodNIGHT! I just looked up our ladybug mat and the shipping is over $26 on it???!!!!!! so on the crazy off-chance you were to want it I looked up the same brand but not-a-ladybug with free shipping. Yikes!  https://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-Spin-Explore-The-Sea/dp/B001Q209NY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1336791162&sr=1-1
  • Hi and welcome!! (My LO was born in February; maybe one of these days I'll get around to posting my introduction, heehee!)
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Urbanflowerpot - thanks for the recommendation, I ordered the mat tonight.  I'm willing to try anything since it's so important for her.  I'll post some pics tomorrow since I'm bumping from my phone right now.  
  • Welcome!! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJenCamp515:
    Urbanflowerpot - thanks for the recommendation, I ordered the mat tonight.  I'm willing to try anything since it's so important for her.  I'll post some pics tomorrow since I'm bumping from my phone right now.  

Oh good! I hope it works as well for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"