Multiples
Options

Mother's Day: celebrate while pregnant with first?

Did you celebrate Mother's day when you were pregnant with your first?
If so, what did you do (or what was done for you)?

I'd hoped DH would have thought of doing something...but it hadn't occurred to him until we talked about it last night. I was planning on doing something for Father's day for him (as much as I can from bed-rest, that is)...but it made me wonder if I'm being a little...ridiculous.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mother's Day: celebrate while pregnant with first?

• Options
    pea-kaypea-kay member
    I was only like 5 minutes pregnant for my first mother's day, so no. But if I had been more pregnant, I totally would have! I gave MH some onesies for father's day that year (we'd found out a few days before that it was triplets.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I kinda hope my hubs does something! You are so not being ridiculous! I also plan on doing something for him on fathers day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Check out my blog: DesperateGenie.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepea-kay:
    I was only like 5 minutes pregnant for my first mother's day, so no. But if I had been more pregnant, I totally would have! I gave MH some onesies for father's day that year (we'd found out a few days before that it was triplets.)

Pea-Kay: you gave me my smile for the day...don't know why but 5 minutes pregnant cracked me up :D

• Options
    pea-kaypea-kay member
    imageramee151:

imagepea-kay:

Pea-Kay: you gave me my smile for the day...don't know why but 5 minutes pregnant cracked me up :D

and this post reminded me that it was five years ago yesterday! so crazy! time flies!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I was a little over a month preggers when mother's day came around last year.  We had dinner at my house with our families.  That was when we told my great grandfather he was going to be a great great grandfather.  So I think you should celebrate Mother's Day.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was 23 weeks pregnant on Mother's Day. I didn't know it but I was about 2 weeks away form PTL and spending the next 6 weeks in the hospital. There is a very short video of me on that first Mother's Day on my blog, because my husband ambushed me...yeah I lived in PJ's LOL. https://tripmomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-mothers-day.html
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I wasn't pregnant for my first mother's day. With my first pregnancy, we lost the baby before mother's day. With the twins, they were due the Thursday before mother's day, but came 6 weeks early. So they were here for my first mother's day. But if I had been noticeably pregnant, I would have wanted to celebrate it and I'd have hoped that my DH would have marked it as significant.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are celebrating, I have earned it Big Smile
  • Options
    lunatwolunatwo member
    I am expecting absolutely nothing.
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I had planned to do something for MH for Father's Day, and he came through with flowers and a card for me on Mother's Day. My sisters gave me flowers, too, when we all went out to breakfast for my mom. I also got the nicest handmade cards and poems from my nieces telling me they knew I'd be a great mom since I'd been such a great aunt (they were 10 and 12 at the time). Still makes me tear up thinking about it.
    TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Jen0204Jen0204 member
    I found out that I was pregnant a couple of weeks after Mother's Day.  I got H a card and some onesies for Father's Day but I can guarantee that it never would have even crossed H's mind to do something for me on Mother's Day if we had found out before then.  He just doesn't think that way.
  • Options
    I'd celebrate it for yourself if you want to, but I don't see a reason to celebrate it really until the kids are out and you've become a mum. So I wouldn't get upset that your husband didn't celebrate it.
  • Options
    I absolutely think you should celebrate it.  You are carrying his babies so I hope he does something nice for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"