January 2011 Moms

Those with LO#2

SH's post got me thinking - why did you decide to move LO#1 into a new bedroom? Or why did you decide to make another nursery?

I'm trying to decide if there is 1 way easier than another and I just don't see it ;)

Re: Those with LO#2

• We moved DD1 to a new room. We did this because the nursery was already set up for an infant. I already own everything for baby in that theme (changing pad cover, receiving blankets, bedding set, baby animal artwork, baby sized bookcase). If baby happens to come out with a peen, the room is also already gender neutral.

DD1 is still in a crib, but we got the girls matching (convertible) cribs so that they can share a room when the time comes and their furniture will match. At that point, I will ditch the giraffe theme and just expand upon the navy and fuschia that I have going on for DD1 right now. It's a bit more grown up. Also, her new room is slightly bigger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're moving DD for alot of the same reasons as SweetH.  The nursery is gender neutral, and DD's new room with be girl colors.  Also, the plan is to put her in a bed rather than get another crib.  **Fingers crossed**  I'd like her new room to have more room & less furniture for her to play, getting some of the toys out of my living room.  I don't use the changing table for diaper changes so we'll just get a dresser for her new room.

I think for us since everything in her room is baby related it's just easier to transplant her to the new room.  Hopefully she'll be excited about it, and the transition is smooth.

• Loading the player...
  • We didn't move LO #1. The 2 share a bedroom. I didn't want to separate them for a few reasons. 1-to separate them meant moving them to a different floor of our house. 2-I wanted the extra BR to be for guests.

We'll separate them eventually, but not for quite a while. When our 3rd child turns 1, he/she will move out of our room and in with their same sex sibling. THe other child will have their own BR.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We aren't moving anyone because DS and DD each have their own rooms. This baby will take our current guest room (we have 4 bedrooms on the second level of the house) We'll use DS's crib for the new baby.

When we had Emily we got a new crib because I didn't think DS was ready to move out of his. Both cribs are convertible. DS is now in a big bed, so his crib is available. DD will continue to be in her crib until she's crawling out of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"