Adoption

Finished with Homestudy...

Finally everything is in, all homestudies have been done, now just one final LW "walk through" to check our baby-proofing and they will submit our application to the State. The LW said we even have a number now... so I guess that's big time in the world of FosterCare! LOL

Of course Murphy's Law kicked into play- hard. Our apartment ceiling had sprung a leak and it fell in on us and the apartment hasn't fixed it yet so the worker got to see the upstairs rafters! And... now that we are nearly finished I have gotten two job interviews (after being unemployed for exactly a year now) for amazing jobs, making double what I have ever made before- but if I take the job it means no fostering or fertility cycles sue to the work schedule (and the fact that I really believe that if we are going to take little ones 0-2 I should be home with them to give them some stability, not have them spend more time with a daycare provider than with us... these kids have been through enough already not to add that in).

I have decided to take the stance that fate will figure this out the way it is supposed to... if I am supposed to foster right now I won't land either of these jobs. If I am supposed to cycle right now same thing. If I am supposed to go back to work- then it will work out... I don't have any real control over these things anyhow so I just have to trust that things will work themselves out.

What's been exciting you lately?

Thanks for reading and as always- GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finished with Homestudy...

• Congrats on finishing everything for your HS!  T&Ps for all you have coming up!

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Congrats on finishing the homestudies! I agree that things will work out as they are supposed to. My fiance and I have been discussing some job offers that require moving. If we get it, I'm not sure I can be a stay at home Mom, which is the plan where we are right now, but the location there is SO much nicer.... so we're going to see what happens and trust it will work out for the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • So exciting We have our first visit wednesday. Heres to becoming foster parents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"