TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

I think this is the best place for me

I've lurked here before, but I don't think I've ever really posted an intro. I figure now is as good a time as any.

About me: DH (33) and I (29) started TTC two years ago, in May 2010. I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks in November 2010 and joined TTCAL shortly after that. Initially my OB was worried it was molar, but it turned out not to be, fortunately. After 4 cycles (plus 1 TTA cycle to get my wisdom teeth out) I got pregnant again in June 2011, but on August 16, 2011 at 11w2d, there was no heartbeat at my normal OB appointment. We did chromosome analysis on the baby and found out our baby girl had Down Syndrome. This lead to RPL testing (normal), a genetic counseling appointment and a SHG (normal) which lead to a diagnosis of "really bad luck." We've been TTC since September again without luck and with a lot of irregular bleeding in my cycles (8-10 days prior to AF). We took two months off so I could go on BCP to try and get rid of the spotting, and we are back to TTC as of a few weeks ago.

I don't post much on TTCAL because I find the optimism painful, honestly, although I do try to give advice where and when I can. I don't know what our TTC plan is at this point aside from trying naturally to see if the BCP reset my wacky hormones. If that doesn't work, we'll likely be looking at Clomid in the next few months.

I feel like I've "known" all of you for a long time, so hopefully I will be a good member of this community as well. Thanks for reading. :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!

Re: I think this is the best place for me

• Options

Welcome! I am so sorry that you have to find yourself over here. 

I do and don't recognize you from TTCAL, and usually 6+ is for members who have been pretty active on the TTCAL side, but if you find this place is a better fit, then welcome!!! I agree, the optimism is painful over there. 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member

I used to be a lot more active before my second pregnancy and loss, but after the second loss I had a lot of depression and other issues and had to step away for a while, so I've not been around nearly as much as I used to be. I try to at least lurk but between the puppies/rainbows and the error messages, sometimes that's easier said than done.

If it helps to jog the memory, I'm the one who came up with the eye candy challenge that introduced us to VQs pic of naked Gerard for the first time ;)

Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember you and I started lurking here about the time you got your 2nd bfp. I'm so sorry for your losses. Welcome to 6+. I hope you don't have to stay long. 
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options
    I too just joined the board, but welcome. 

• Options
    Welcome! It's good (and not so good) to see you! I do remember you and I'm so sorry that you're joining this board. (((Hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    KGS2003KGS2003 member
    Welcome back, I'm sorry you find yourself here again. I hope you find the peace and comfort here that I have. 
  • Options
    lavrillavril member

Welcome back - I remember you from TTCAL and I am SO IMPRESSED that you started the VQ G picture.  That was seriously HOT!

On an unrelated note - I noticed you're in OH.   A few of us are having an Ohio bumpie GTG tomorrow afternoon (Cbus).  PM me if you're interested.

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member

Laurakat - I still have the card you gave me from last year's Mother's Day exchange. :) I turned the necklace you gave me into part of a charm bracelet Noah-Bear made for me after my second loss.

Lavril - unfortunately I have plans tomorrow (MIL's birthday lunch and then a wedding reception in the evening), so I wouldn't be able to make the drive to Cbus. But I hope you all have a fantastic time! Maybe there will be another GTG I can attend in the future :)

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I am sorry anyone is here. :( 

• Options
    lavrillavril member
    imagetdmd09:

Laurakat - I still have the card you gave me from last year's Mother's Day exchange. :) I turned the necklace you gave me into part of a charm bracelet Noah-Bear made for me after my second loss.

Lavril - unfortunately I have plans tomorrow (MIL's birthday lunch and then a wedding reception in the evening), so I wouldn't be able to make the drive to Cbus. But I hope you all have a fantastic time! Maybe there will be another GTG I can attend in the future :)

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I am sorry anyone is here. :( 

I knew it was a long shot!  Sounds like you have a fun and busy day tomorrow!  I am loving the OH ladies already, so hopefully we'll do another GTG someday :)

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    I remember you!  Sorry to see you over here, but welcome.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    Sorry you have to be here, but welcome.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"