Preemies
Options

Bringing baby out

ashk7ashk7 member
I know the has been asked a few times, sorry ladies! My dd was born at 31 weeks, never had any breathing or lung issues and has been home for almost 2 weeks. My question is I know we are on lock own as far as public places, but if I would bring her over to my parents house, would that be ok? Our ped is on vacation this week, last week we were cleared to go out on walks, we were having beautiful weather. I could call and ask one of the nurses in the practice but I feel like it's a silly question. Rsv season is over in our area although they are still seeing a few cases but she had her shot. I am probably being a paranoid FTM of a preemie, you all do a great job giving advice! TIA
Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Bringing baby out

• Options
    vsalt31vsalt31 member
    I think the you'd be fine with bringing your LO to your mom's. Good luck & congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think that would be ok. I would probably ask people to use sanitizer before holding your DD just to be sure. Have fun!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You will be fine. It will be good for you and the baby to get out. When my 30 weeker came home at 35 weeks gestation, we stayed home for a while with only my parents visiting. Now that he has been home for 7 weeks, we have no problem venturing out but I do not let any stranger touch my child. Believe it, we have had crazy people we don't know just come and try to touch Aiden. 

I also keep hand sanitizer in the diaper bag.

Good luck!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagepunky917:
    I think that would be ok. I would probably ask people to use sanitizer before holding your DD just to be sure. Have fun!

This! I still ask people to wash their hands before holding my two.

As for going out in public, I've been taking my LO outside since she's been home (RSV was over with) and I didn't have much help at home. Had to take my other DD to daycare, etc. I just cover DD#2 up and make sure no one touches her. Plus it's been very warm in the East this spring. Good luck! 

• Options
    ashk7ashk7 member
    Thanks ladies! I have hand sanitizer in every room in the house and in my diaper bag, my MIL rolled her eyes when she came to visit with our niece and nephew and I asked them to wash their hands, I wanted to hit her! I joke with my DH that she will be 25 and I will be checking her temp every 3 hrs to make sure she is maintaining, asking her is she is voiding and stooling and make people wash their hands before touching her! My parents come all the time to visit but I think dd and I both need a change of scenery! I think we will venture over there tonight, DH has a late work meeting! 
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"