Adoption
Options

Intro

I've lurked on here long enough.....

My husband & I are pursuing international adoption & are now beginning our homestudy, finishing the last of required paperwork.  We are nervous & excited.  We have not yet announced to our families & are excited to do so once we get a little further in the process. 

I've enjoyed reading each person's posts & experiences and appreciate any tips from folks who have adopted internationally.

Re: Intro

• Options

Welcome!!!  How exciting... what country are you pursuing??

No tips but a hearty welcome :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

Welcome.

We adopted domestically, but I remember the excitement and nerves. We were dreading telling DH's family because they tend to be negative, but they were thrilled for us and love DD to death. GL moving forward! Very exciting :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are pursuing Ethiopia & are very excited!
  • Options
    Where are you adopting from?
  • Options

welcome!!! and congrats! :-) we're doing international adoption, too... from Korea! Our son is 18 months old (today actually!) and we're hoping to have him home sometime in August or september :-)

anyway... i know IA especially is a LOOONG road with all of the immigration paperwork, different "rules", etc...  so if you ever want to chat or vent, feel free to page me on here, or email me at lil_mis1 at yahoo.com :-)

good luck!!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Welcome! Love having IA moms around!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options

Thanks! We're banking on 2-4 years before we're home with our child(ren) - so, our patience will definitely be tested with anxious waiting. 

In the meantime, we plan to accomplish a lot of house projects while waiting :)

• Options

Hello! I just put up an introduction, then read yours...seems like we have a lot in common ;)

DH and I are adopting from Ethiopia as well, just scheduling our homestudy...so I know how you feel about nervous/excited! I'm glad you are on this board, it will be nice to know someone else will be around for the long haul (2+ years) with me!   

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! We're also adopting internationally (Russia). I can't wait to hear about your updates and progress. 
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options

We are in the 'paperwork process' for the home study.  We almost have everything ready to send back.

For most of y'all...have you already told your extended family?  We've only told one sibling+spouse as we asked them if they would be our child(ren)'s guardians - to complete our paperwork.  If so, how did you tell them?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"