Pregnant after 35
Options

Hormones

So I don't even want to be around myself anymore.  Last night my whole family went to bed early so they wouldn't have to deal with me.  When I am home I feel like I am constantly cleaning up after everybody, and nobody is helping me.  The house is a total wreck because DH is a freakin' hoarder and don't put anything away.  I'm about to snap!!!!  All I can think about is everything that needs to get done before this baby comes and I feel like I am drowning.  Please tell me that there is somebody out there that feels the way I do.  I have sat here at work and cried all day because I feel like I am going crazy.  I don't know what to do to make myself feel better. I just feel lost. :(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hormones

• Options
    Hormomes do crazy things. They make us crazy. All I can suggest is taking deep breaths and get some rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    steverstever member
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Unplanned pregnancy when I didn't want another baby...my hormones have been every where. Highs, lows, anger, elation, fear, joy, love, resentment (toward his father, never him)...I felt it all. What you're feeling is completely normal. Sadly, society places a huge burden of guilt on women. There's something wrong with us if we don't experience pregnancy is a complete joyous occasion. And, so, women are ashamed and afraid to express misery or depression, both mild and clinical, for fear of being shunned or told how lucky we are and to STFU. The truth is, pregnancy is HARD. And while we know we're lucky to be pregnant, or have gone through a lot to get here, most women do not enjoy every moment of it. My advice is to talk to someone. Us, a councilor, your doctor, a nurse...friends and family can be more of a problem than a solution if they simply don't get it. Go do something to pamper yourself. It DOES help. And, take a long warm bath tonight, and maybe a Benadryl to help you relax. (hugs)

• Options

Buy yourself some nice chocolate and take a long bath - works wonders for me! Big Smile

I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal - don't beat yourself up about it, every experience and feeling during pregnancy isn't gonig to be or feel wonderful.

If it makes you feel any better I am having this baby on May 30th and I don't even have the nursery painted yet!!  I am seriously slacking this time around.

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options

Confession: I'm the slob around here. But I am slowly coming to the realization that with three kids, I don't have that luxury anymore. DH and I are slowly chipping away at the problems areas in our house, so we're in better shape when baby arrives. My goal is for everything to have a place. We've put some rules into place, like never leaving dishes in the sink (oh so guilty here).

Can you sit down with DH when you are not so emotional, talk about what's bothering you and come up with a solution? I know for me, I need to take baby steps. Otherwise, it just feels so overwhelming. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekristin7701:

Confession: I'm the slob around here. But I am slowly coming to the realization that with three kids, I don't have that luxury anymore. DH and I are slowly chipping away at the problems areas in our house, so we're in better shape when baby arrives. My goal is for everything to have a place. We've put some rules into place, like never leaving dishes in the sink (oh so guilty here).

Can you sit down with DH when you are not so emotional, talk about what's bothering you and come up with a solution? I know for me, I need to take baby steps. Otherwise, it just feels so overwhelming. 

Hmmmm...when I'm not emotional.  That would be never here lately!  LOL!!  I have had a child before and I was a single mother until 9 years ago when I met DH.  So I had to go through the first pregnancy alone.  I mean I had my family but I didn't have a partner.  I was so looking forward to this pregnancy because I would have somebody to lean on but it feels like everybody is leaning on me.  This is DH's first child so I thought he would be a little more supportive and excited than what he is.  Maybe it is just me.  I will try talking to him this evening.  Hopefully I won't rip his head as I have the past couple of nights. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member
    imagekristin7701:

We've put some rules into place, like never leaving dishes in the sink (oh so guilty here).

uhhh... I am Horrible at this one! We can do pretty well for a few days but the second the dishasher is full of clean dishes they go in the sink... I am completely lazy right now and don't feel like unloading to put in 1 fork...lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"