Birth Stories
Options

Induction ?

I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow.  I was 2cm/50% effaced at my appointment on Thursday so they are going to start me on pitocin in the AM.  What should I expect?  Will I be able to get out of bed once it begins?  

Re: Induction ?

• Options
    you will most likely not be allowed out of bed after being given pitocin.  it is intravenous and constant.  you will most likely need constant monitoring for the baby and pit contractions are supposedly excruciating.  best of luck tomorrow

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I won't lie the pit contractions are horrible!!!!  If you can go into labor on your own then that's more ideal!!! Maybe try a long walk .. sex .. something .. anything! 

They gave me pitocin and I was so mad because it hurt so bad after they gave it to me. Made my contractions unbearable. I would not recommend it to anyone and I hope and pray when I have these babies I don't have to have it! If you have to have pit ask for something for pain at the same time so they will have it ready for ya. I promise you .. you will need it!  

Good luck!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was induced with DS I was not allowed out of the bed until I demanded to go #2 in the restroom.  That was the only time I was allowed out and they told me to make it quick.  I went from having no contractions to holy moly in about an hour.  I immediately asked for the epi.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They gave me pitocin after my water broke. I didn't notice a difference in pain.. My labor went really fast after that though. I had around a 4 hour labor total. And I wasn't able to get out of bed.. if I had to use the bathroom they gave me a bed pan.
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"