April 2011 Moms

KU or TTC afer c section?

Wondering if any of those who are currenly pregnant had a c section with your april 2011 baby and want to/are planning to VBAC? I had a c section and I've read online that the safest situation is to wait at least 18 months between the end of your last pregnancy and the start of your next for healing of the c section etc. Just wondering what your Dr. or midwife has said about VBAC with pregnancies closer together?

Re: KU or TTC afer c section?

• My ob recommended 12 months between rcs deliveries and 18 month between a cs and a vbac (the actual deliveries).
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • imagebiblionerd:
    My ob recommended 12 months between rcs deliveries and 18 month between a cs and a vbac (the actual deliveries).

i've heard between deliveries. the ladies on the VBAC board are very helpful also. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • kpips20kpips20 member
    I had a c/s with DS and a VBAC with DD 2 years apart. My OB recommended waiting at least a year between deliveries regardless of it being a vbac or repeat c/s. But I get the impression it depends on the Dr. I have a friend whose OB told her if she wanted a VBAC she had to wait at least 2 years between deliveries.

• I went natural with my daughter, and after 20 hours of labor at the birthing center my contractions stopped. She was never in distress no emergencies, contractions just stopped. So I got transfered to a c/s. The surgery wasn't a big deal, no complications, I'm a NICU nurse so I knew what to expect with the c/s, but it was just so opposite what I wanted my experience to be. 9lb 13oz later she was here and I have the perspective to realize that healthy is all that matters, but I would very much like to VBAC with the next one... just curious to know what others have been told.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"