Breastfeeding
Options

Nipple pain on one side while pumping?

The past few pumps I've been having nipple pain on my right side. My left side feels fine.  I've tried turning down the pump and it didn't seem to make too much of a difference in the pain. It's not super painful, more discomfort at this point, but I don't want it to get worse.

Any ideas? I'm not sure how to fix this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nipple pain on one side while pumping?

• Options
    Is the nipple rubbing on the breast shield? Is there any visible damage to the nipple?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAshley&Scott:
    Is the nipple rubbing on the breast shield? Is there any visible damage to the nipple?
    Sometimes it is so I try to adjust it. No damage to the nipple that I can see. I did notice that both nipples had a little ring around them after my last pump, but nothing else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recently felt this and it was actually torn skin.  I turned down the pump, used larger breast shields and started using lanolin before pumping and all is well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    are you sure it's the right size flange?  also you can alternate between 2 sizes so it's not always hitting the same part of the nipple.  LC suggested this when i had nipple pain and it helped.  hydrogel pads also help and be sure you are pumping often enough to relieve pressure.
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"