Adoption
Options

Question

Can someone explain to me the difference in a agency and a consultant?  It looks like it is cheaper to go the consultant road but am I missing something?  Do agencies offer more?

Re: Question

• Options
    This was my question too!  After looing up Christian Adoption Consultants, it seems like a cheaper route, but then I wondered if that would be on top of the agency fees? 
  • Options

The FAQ may be able to help you.

I'm pretty sure consultants don't do homestudies, or handle post-placement legalities. Most agencies handle everything from homestudy to finalization.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to add what Dr. L just said...that you would need an agency to do your home study.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    My understanding from my lawyer is that the agency needs to be in the state the child is born in.  The state I live doesn't really allow private adoption, and is an agency only state, but according to my lawyer, although a try statement, we can still find a birthmom on our own and only get an agency involved at the end.  The Facilitators look like a way to go if you don't want to do the advertising on your own.  Also agree with the comments that agencies do everything from homestudy to placement.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

imageRebeccaMay:
    This was my question too!  After looing up Christian Adoption Consultants, it seems like a cheaper route, but then I wondered if that would be on top of the agency fees? 

We used CAC (and loved our consultant so much!) and yes, the CAC fee is on top of whatever fee the agency that you match through is charging for that particular situation. In every situation that we were looking at, the fees were laid out so we knew how much we would be looking at and could choose to be presented from there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"