9 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Maternity Clothes

Hey Week 9-ers!

I don't know about you, but I broke down and HAD to get a maternity bra last week. That's all I intended to buy, but I was curious to see what's available in maternity pants, etc.

I ended up buying several things, including the bras I came for, and when I mentioned to the casheer I was surprised how early I needed the bra and even some pants, she said lots of moms are buying their first maternity gear at six or seven weeks.

Not sure how I like the jeans, which end low on the hips and become a stretchy nylon comfort top above that. It's COMFY, don't get me wrong, but because the jeans end so low I constantly feel like my pants are falling down! (they aren't, it's just the feeling)

Anyone else having weird clothing occurances this week?

Re: Maternity Clothes

• Options
    I agree completely.  I know that no one else can see that I'm pregnant, but my clothes are so uncomfortable, especially when I sit.  This is my second child, so I was more then excited to get right into maternity clothing, thinking it was because it was my second child.  However, I have a friend that was already showing her bump by 9 weeks and it is her first.  So, I think that many women are excited to be showing and are seeking comfort early.  I too feel like some of the maternity pants I purchased fall down because the waist line is so low, but as we grow I think we may appreciate it.  If I remember correctly from my first, the next couple of weeks are going to feel weird because we are growing, but we are in that stage where people don't know or don't notice, so we just feel fat.  : )
  • Options

I do feel bloated and fat, but I feel like there's a bump just starting to peek out and say hi, just not enough for anyone but me to see. :)

One of the few coworkers i've told mentioned that since she KNOWS I'm pregnant she realized I, um, have become more top-heavy, let's say. XD And I will add that maternity bras are the most comfortable I've ever owned!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I definitely had to buy my first pair of maternity pants the other weekend. I haven't worn them yet, but I plan to soon. I'm glad you mentioned that they sit low on you and feel like they are falling down?I thought it was just me! I'm only 5'0" and I couldn't find a petite length, so I thought it might have been due to my height.

About how much have you ladies gained? I'm at 9 weeks, 6 days and I've gained about 9 lbs so far. I'm trying to get a handle on my crazy eating, since I know you should only gain between 1?5 lbs in the first trimester.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just got back from vacation last week and prior to our 10 day trip had been shopping with my mom for shorts, dresses, etc. I thought she was off her rocker when she told me to buy maternity shorts instead of regular shorts! I guess she was right though! My old clothes still fit well and good but I am a chunk to begin with so there is no baby bump showing or anything like that! And I certainly wish I could be buy new, bigger bras. I think I'm about the only lady out there that wears size 18 pants and is a "Nearly B" cup size! I'm sure I'll be into maternity clothing soon and am looking forward to it, comfy clothes here we come! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow- someone else who has been eating like mad & has already gained weight. I think I've gained about 6-7lbs. (was about 118 before prego, but sometimes 120, now I'm a firm 125 already!!). Oh well, I'm hungry CONSTANTLY, so what else can I do but eat, eat EAT? (At least all this eating has kept me from being morning sick at all...I HAVE also tried to make a real effort to kick up my healthy eating (am vegan...not doing GREAT, as in juicing everyday & living on nuts & sprouts) but am taking a ton of healthy (expensive) supplements, walking & drinking lots of h20 ALONG WITH the MOUND of food I'm eating constantly. If anyone else is health conscious and/or vegan &/or interested & would like to follow my journey of finding the best healthy supplements, antural birth & whatever else I can find out that's good, find me at VeganBump.com, and wishing you all the most fabulous pregnancies!! :)
  • Options

I had to buy some maternity bottoms, because my belly is poking out and the nausea makes me not be able to take anything tight around my stomach. I know it's just bloating so far, but still, with all of my other symptoms, I'll do anything to be comfortable.

I'm fairly large chested to begin with (DD for a small frame lady) so I'm still ok in my bras. One weird thing though, when I get up in the morning and gravity hits the bbs after reclining for 8 hours, it seriously hurts for like 15 minutes.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not showing yet, and have only gained two lbs...but all of my pants are too tight! And does anyone else's stomach fat feel like it's move up an inch? A very weird feeling when I sit. I went shopping for maternity clothing with my mom, but didn't buy anything...I'm just not ready! I'll just have to be happy hanging out in my husband's sweats (around the house) for a few more weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey! I'm a vegan too in week 9. Your website didn't come up for me... :(
    Happy Bump!
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear that someone else is poking out.. I had to buy some maternity jeans last weekend at Old Navy. Skinnies on the sale rack for $5.91. I couldn't believe it! They are super cute too! I have hellacious morning sickness all day and night. Sometimes I can't keep anything down in a day and tight pants make me nauseated as well. The sad thing is I'm tiny and I look like I'm 4-5 months pregnant now.. I know it's a lot of bloating but my boobs have tripled in size and I'm trying to keep this a secret until 14 weeks.... That's a little hard to do here.... I'm just glad to find someone who has a similar situation going on that I do. I was starting to obsess trying to find pictures online of women showing as much as I am after 9 weeks in the first pregnancy just so I could feel normal... So.. Thank you for your post..
  • Options
    I'm not showing yet and I've actually been losing weight, through my dr is happy about the weight loss.  I did buy about three really comfortable sports bras from target and they are wonderful.
  • Options

2nd baby and popping out like crazy! I didnt even know what pregnancy meant last time around compared to this time. Everything that smells makes me sick. I cannot eat anything warm. The only thing I want to eat is kellogs with bananas and milk. Best part yet- I already gained 9 pounds... not fair! This better be the cutest child ever!

Has anyone tried the at home gender predictor yet. You know the kind you get at the pharmacy and pee on? 

• Options
    I definitely feel fat. I'm in yoga pants all day or empire summer dresses, however those make me feel even fatter or more pregnant and i haven't told my co-workers yet so i'm trying to hide it but, its too hot for me to wear yoga pants all the time. I need to go shopping because i'm not comfortable wearing any of my clothes.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat with yoga pants wish i could wear them everywhere,but not ready for maternity clothes. I blame it on the bloat. I went out and bought some jeans with stretch in them and they are so much more comfortable then my regular jeans. As for dresses not a dress fan but was eyeing some long flowie skirts.
  • Options
    This is my very first time being pregnant and im only 9 weeks and i already feel huuuuuuge! none of my clothes fit and my jeans are way too tight and i feel like i have a pooch!
  • Options

At 9 weeks I am bloated and constipated and although there has been no weight gain my stomach is big from those symptoms which makes my clothes feel horrible on me. Sadly I pretty much wear the same pants to work almost daily. They are a pair of black pants that are stretch waist. It's the only pair of stretch waist slacks I have and I am in denial about purchasing maternity clothes yet. But I did go out and buy a couple new blouses to go with the pants so it doesn't look so obvious at work that I'm repeating pants. Sad

• Options
    I'm at 9 weeks and am also DD and I sleep in sports bras now because of the pain.
  • Options

I feel you, I cant wait to get to the 2nd trimester and hopefully then feel better. Cant even have choc's and am loosing wait rather than gaining.

• Options
    Im 9w3d and today was the first time I broke down and wore maternity pants.  Im not showing and Ive gained about 4 lbs, but I just feel like any constriction makes my stomach feel worse and I become more nauseous.  The more comfortable things I wear the better I feel!
  • Options
    I'm 9w2dand broke down & bought some this weekend.  We're flying to NY to visit the fam this weekend & I don't have any jeans that fit.  No point in buying ones that aren't going to fit in another 2 weeks.  Wink
  • Options

I'm in the same boat! I went and got new bras last week, since I have grown at least a cup size it seems. The maternity bras are SO much more comfy! I also got a pair of maternity shorts which I wore for the first time today, and they are actually pretty comfortable! I can understand what you mean about feeling like they are falling down, but they are so much more comfortable than my other shorts, since they're not cutting into me at the waist. I do feel like I'm constantly pulling my shirt down though so that people don't see the stretchy top part of my shorts!

• Options
    Yesterday I went shopping for an outfit to wear to a wedding this weekend. I have had a pudgy tummy for awhile, even before pregnant but my regular size 1214 is not even doable anymore. I'm only 9 weeks but so bloated. I went over the maternity store just to look and after trying on the dress pants I bought 2 pairs! They felt like heaven. So off I will go to the wedding with some maternity pants and a sparkly top. At least I'm comfortable!
  • Options
    I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and have been wearing maternity clothes for over a week now. My husband and I did IVF, so I've been on hormones, some sort or another, for the past 9 months and I have already gained 25lbs through all of that. I was just buyingt he next size up in clothes, but I finally gave up. I was hesitant though because last time I bought maternity clothes and then a couple of days later I found out I had miscarried and I was about hysterical when I returned the clothes to the store.
  • Options
    imagekristenhdavis:

I had to buy some maternity bottoms, because my belly is poking out and the nausea makes me not be able to take anything tight around my stomach. I know it's just bloating so far, but still, with all of my other symptoms, I'll do anything to be comfortable.

I'm fairly large chested to begin with (DD for a small frame lady) so I'm still ok in my bras. One weird thing though, when I get up in the morning and gravity hits the bbs after reclining for 8 hours, it seriously hurts for like 15 minutes.

Try wearing a sports bra to bed. It might help ease the gravity pain :) 

• Options
    Thank god im not alone! It feels great knowing theres other 9 weekers doing and feeling the same as me!! I bought 5 bottoms and 5 tops!! I feel great and much more comfy!! I need bras though... Where can i get some maternity bras? :/EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT!! This is my 4th :
  • Options

I also can still fit some of my regular clothes but it is starting to get uncomfortable and so I just relented and ordered some clothes online at OldNavy.com

I can't wait for them to come in so I can out them on IMMEDIATLEY!!

Everywhere I looked Target Kohls Motherhood didn't have much of a selection or was too dang expensive so I took a chance on OldNavy.com.  I got a few tops a couple of dresses and two pairs of slacks for $135 bucks.

I haven't needed to get maternity bras yet but when it's time I plan to just make my way to good old Target for those.

SO glad I am not the only one needing clothes relief this early in pregnancy! 

• Options
    I have gained somewhere between 3-5 pounds... I was surprised it wasn't more because I am hungry like every 2 hours!  I am definitely going to try and get some more exercise in this week to keep my weight in check. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first maternity shopping experience yesterday. I haven't gained any weight yet, but have a giant belly  from all the bloating. I usually wear dresses and skirts to work, but all of my tights and leggings drive me crazy since the elastic is at the belly button. I resorted to wearing this one pair of pants to work that wasn't even comfy either, so off to the store I went and found some great comfortable pants and leggings and a few tops as well. Now I'm just waiting for the boobs to grow.. so far although they are sore, they are still the same size, but then again, I stopped wearing my bras two weeks ago and have stuck to wearing my sports bra. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi today I'm 9w2d and bought 2 pairs of maternity slacks and a belly band l. My clothes still fit its just not comfortable anymore. As far as bras I didn't get any yet.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    i havent bought any maternity clothes yet but im definetly super bloated! ive gained about 3 lbs but since pre pregnancy i lived in skinny jeans none of my pants fit so i have been using a rubber band but everything feels so tight my shirts my bra i almost feel like i should be living in sweats lol good to know im not the only one contemplating buying maternity pants already! 
  • Options

Me too!  I am so tired of hearing things about women not showing until month 5 or 6.   The baby bump photos and these comments make me feel like less of a cow.

• Options

Yes! Finally went to Target and bought two new bras. It was disappointing that even the maternity bras didn't go higher than DD. Thank goodness I could fit in the DD, even at 9 weeks, I'm going to need a walker with a shelf at this rate.

This is baby no. 2 for me, so I expected to grow, but I've already got quite a bump and look further along - maybe twins - I'm thinking! That or my eating like a horse is catching up with me already! lol 

• Options
    OMG! While reading your post, it felt like I write it! Exactly! 9 weeks and I had to buy a new bra, sports bra, and comfy bras to sleep in. I went from a small sports bra to a LARGE! I also feel like This happened so early I should have set up a fund for maternity clothes.

I also bought some other maternity clothes as well as the jeans and agree that they stretch out so much I kept pulling them up throughout my trip to the grocery store yesterday. The good news, I bought shorts and some cargo pants that are comfy and fit very well.

Good luck! I totally get where you're coming from.
  • Options
    I bought a larger bra last week.  I didn't see the need to buy a maternity bra yet since I'll probably get bigger.  

I got a belly band today.  I'm not sure about the belly band.  I got the BeBand from target.  I found that if I didn't fold it in half then the button on jeans pushed out.  
  • Options
    I have the exact same feeling in my boobs in the morning. I've started wearing sports bras to bed and that helps a little.
  • Options
    I am 9 weeks tomorrow and my breasts have gotten huge! Right now I am wearing sports bras and soon I will need to buy bigger ones. I was a C prepregnancy, now I am filling out a D. I am so uncomfortable lol. My hips are getting bigger so I'm sure maternity pants are next.

image image
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The first thing I noticed is how my bras didn't fit anymore. Luckily my sister still had the bras she wore during her pregnancy. Some are still too big, but a couple of them is the right size for me now. I guess I'll have to buy only one in nude and I'll be fine.I have been losing weight because I can't eat too much with my nausea. So I don't really need maternity clothes for now. I can see a little tiny bump, but it looks like I have my period, so I am the only one who notices...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"