5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Help!

I'm 5 weeks along (first timer) and spent hours pouring over doctor reviews to find the right OB.  I think I finally found her, but when I called she can't get me in until I'm at 10 weeks!  She says she normally doesn't see women until they are at least 9 weeks.  What's one more week, right? Right?  I'm just scared I'm missing out on a ton of needed information!  I can't stand the wait!  Someone please help calm my fears :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help!

• Options

It's pretty common. My regular gyno doesn't see patients who are preggo until 10 weeks. Even then all they do is some blood work, hight weight..exam, then give you a script for an ultrasound and it's "see ya later bye till next month". So I called around.

I found another place that sees you at 6 weeks and your first appointment is with the ultrasound tech and nurse practitioner. For me, this is next week and I am sooooo antsy.  

Good luck honey, you'll be fine! 

• Options
    My OB won't see me until 10 wks either.  It's been very frustrating because I have questions about allergy drugs...my OB nurses won't talk to me because they don't know my medical background yet and my PCP won't suggest anything because I'm pregnant and they tell me to talk to my OB! So I'm stuck just suffering.  Luckily I have 2 friends expecting their second who we've told.  It's been nice to have someone other than DH to discuss it with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm 5 weeks along also and all you and your baby need is a multi-vitamin that contains folic acid primarily!  I am also taking Omega 3 and vitamin D. You should be fine until your 10 week visit:)  So just relax and enjoy your pregnancy...
  • Options
    I can understand your anxiousness...guess the 6 week wait for me is nothing. My first appointment is the 13th and I will be a bit past 6 weeks then at 8 weeks I get my first ultra sound. I call the nurse weekly and she is my new favorite person...Find an OB that has a nurse who is willing to talk to you when you have questions...she is my angel!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"