Postpartum Depression

New..

Hi everyone- I had my son almost 7 months ago. After he was born I have always felt overwhelmed , depressed, anxious, not wanting to be around friends and family much. But recently it;s gotten worse. My husband is amasing and does alot, and you would think that would help me, but i still feel the same way. I don't want to go on meds. Is this ppd? Are there additional ways to cope ? Please HELP!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New..

• Find a counselor. I didn't want to go on meds either and my counselor was very receptive to that. My doctor gave me a prescription "just in case", but I never had it filled. I finally started to get past my PPD with the help of my counselor, but it took some time. Now I am PG with #2 and looking to get back into counseling. I know I am susceptible to PPD again when this LO is born. It does sound like you have PPD, but only your doc or a counselor will know for sure. I'm sorry you are going through this and I wish you the best of luck. It will get better.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much for commenting! It's good to know that someone out there feels the same as I do. Hope all is well and good luck with everything with the new little one!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Between 8-5 there's always a person to call in your area. Check out this website. It can be your link to help. 

Good luck! Don't waste another day feeling the way you do, you can and will feel better.

https://www.postpartum.net/  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"