Pre-School and Daycare

Teacher Appreciation WEEK ??

DD goes to preschool 2 days a week, and today I saw a notice that they are celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week.

Did you do anything special for your teacher if they celebrate this?

I am thinking I'll just bring in cookies or something on Weds for the teachers to eat?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Teacher Appreciation WEEK ??

• LoCarbLoCarb member

Our DC send out a list of items that parents can bring every day of the week. Due to financial restrictions, I will only participate in 2-3 days. Well Thursday doesn't cost us anything. The DC emails a guideline like this every yr.

Mon-bring a flower for ea of your child's teachers

Tues-sweet treat like chocolate

Wed-potluck breakfast

Thurs-help your child write a note of gratitude to the teachers

Fri-surprise teacher w/ a special gift

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekcarbonell:

Our DC send out a list of items that parents can bring every day of the week. Due to financial restrictions, I will only participate in 2-3 days. Well Thursday doesn't cost us anything. The DC emails a guideline like this every yr.

Mon-bring a flower for ea of your child's teachers

Tues-sweet treat like chocolate

Wed-potluck breakfast

Thurs-help your child write a note of gratitude to the teachers

Fri-surprise teacher w/ a special gift

Same here.  Every year it is very organized and planned out - usually executed by the room moms with help from the parents. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • We are in the midst of it this week.  Since some of the kids attend MWF, some TTH, and some all 5 days our week breaks down like this:

M or T - bring in a fresh flower 

W or TH - bring in a school supply item or a small treat for the teacher

F - we have a small party and give her teacher a gift from the class.

• Out of curiosity, do these activities continue into elementary school? Our preschool is also well organized and celebrates teacher appreciation for an entire month. I never remember anything like this when I was in elementary school though...or at most, parents chipped in for a plant or flowers but I think that was just the end of the year gift.
    Hawaii
  • I haven't heard anything specific from any of the room moms or anything like that...just saw some posters up around the hallways and such.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • KL777KL777 member
    Yep.  I decided to do one small gift each day.  Monday = decorative coffee mug, Tuesday = a set of decorative mechanical pencils to go with her Wednesday gift = weekly stationary pad with a magnet attached.  Friday = a decorative tote bag to put all of her gifts in.  It was fun :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• It's next week for us.  They're having a potluck lunch for the teachers next Friday and asking parents to bring in dishes for them.  I really wanted to contribute something, but we'll be out of town that day.  I'll probably do something else instead, like cupcakes or cookies for the work room.
  • imagesmilejenn:
    Out of curiosity, do these activities continue into elementary school? Our preschool is also well organized and celebrates teacher appreciation for an entire month. I never remember anything like this when I was in elementary school though...or at most, parents chipped in for a plant or flowers but I think that was just the end of the year gift.

Yes, it continue into elementary schools.  Our PTA has plans for each day of the week next week to celebrate teachers.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I'm never "this" kind of mom, but I actually made a gift for her teachers and they came out cute. I bought a $10 pack of blank, multi colored stationary with matching envelopes and separated the pack into 2 piles (one for each teacher). On each card, I put my DD's thumbprint (in ink) in one of the corners and then turned it into a creature or flower with a pen. It was something fun that we did together and she was really proud and excited about giving out the gifts.
  • JillAlyJillAly member

You all are way better organized than at my daycare!

We put money (usually about $20 per teacher or $30 per room - whichever the mom organizing chooses) into an envelope, and sign a card for each teacher.  The mom who organizes it then gets an amazon, target or other gift card with the money collected and gives it to the teachers.  Many of the teachers are going to school so we figure they should be able to buy whatever they need since money is often very tight. 

We also bring lunch for them each day during the week.  2 moms each day- one brings a main meal and one a side dish/drinks.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• It starts next week and I am just sending Starbucks cards on Teacher appreciation Day which is Tuesday. I made these that I dfound on Pinterest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"