September 2012 Moms

brown walls in nursery

Do you think its crazy? Everyone I've told just looks at me weird, but I think with all white furniture and white birch tree decals and cream and sage green accents it will look great.

Here is the crib skirt and sheets we are getting

https://www.dwellstudio.com/designer-baby-boutique/nursery-bedding/woodland-tumble-canvas-crib-skirt.html

Has anyone else done brown walls that could recommend their paint color, I want a dark, rich, warm brown.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: brown walls in nursery

• Sounds like it will work to me... I love your sheets!
  • Sounds like it could work but I would probably do the taupe because our room doesn't have a lot of natural light and brown can be tricky. I would suggest looking for other rooms or nurseries that are painted dark brown online and looking up the color. Most blogs list their colors. 

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that decor idea sounds awesome!  Definitely my style!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends on the room. Our nursery only has one window and it is a small room so we have to stay on the lighter side of the color spectrum. I'm sure if you have a nice open room and lots of natural light it would be just fine. 
  • Could be very cool if there's enough natural light. I love the Benjamin Moore pottery barn line of paint (website below, can't make it clicky). They have some nice browns. I recommend the eggshell finish - super easy to wipe down and clean.

https://www.potterybarn.com/m/shop/accessories-decor/hardware/hardware-paint/?page=2
    ~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • I agree with what PP.  Depends on the natural light situation and the size of the room.  The darker of a color, the smaller the room looks.
  • It is a small room with one window. I don't mind if the room looks small, I want a cozy nursery. I guess the worst that could happen is I hate it and paint over it leaving only one wall brown.

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

• We have dark brown walls.  I painted it so long ago though, I can't remember what color but I'm pretty sure we bought it at Sherwin Williams.

I don't have a good pic of it, but we love it and will be doing blue green and orange decor 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageSteph+J:

We just painted our nursery brown and I love it! The brown we used its BEHR Pepper Spice.  We did it in eggshell, and I love the color.  My only issue is that it didn't go on super smoothly, I think because of the darker matte color. So we had to do two full coats, which darkened it a little. But I liked the darker brown anyway.  It is darker than the paint chip from the store- almost like the brown TB banner on the top of the page.

We did do one accent wall to lighten it up a little, though. The smallest wall (behind the door) is a aqua color, almost like a Tiffany Blue.  These are the colors from BEHR's website, but they're both a lot darker in person.

I disagree with PP, too. I think it's easier to get away with a darker color in a smaller room, otherwise it's overwhelming. Our nursery is probably 10x12? and we're also doing white furniture.

more of my nursery stuff:

https://pinterest.com/stevielyn1107/nursery-ideas/ 

I like the color of the bump banner so Ill be trying out your brown. I bet your room looks awesome with the blue. Maybe Ill leave one wall cream or a sage color.

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

• I love brown walls and don't think natural light matters. I've done 3 rooms in a dark brown across different houses we've lived in and it never feels cramped. When people hear "brown", it feels more dark and dingy than what it ends up being.I think it's the perfect neutral. Especially with white accents.

My advice is to not do a warm brown like you suggest, but cool brown given the brown in your bedding has more grey tones.  Check out Chocolate Souffle by Ralph Lauren.

Or if you're still hesitant check out the many "greige" options, which can be as dark as brown or light as tan but with grey undertones.  

• You can ask the Decorating & Renovating board on The Nest. They are great with paint colors. 

We did our small guest bathroom in a deep dark brown and I loved it. It made it feel very chic, IMO. Assuming all white furniture and light curtains, I think it will look great.

I think we used Behr's Breakfast Blend 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  You should bring in the crib skirt and have them color match the brown on that. 

Our laundryroom/mudroom is brown with white and blue accents.  I love it.  I think the color is Bear Rug by BEHR.

imageimage

• The walls in our bedroom are brown...I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"