Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Confused about transition from formula and bottles

Sorry, FTM questions here and I'm in the middle of switching pedis...

When do you transition from formula to whole milk? I've seen some recommendations for 10+mo and other that say to wait until the 1 year mark.  Do you start mixing them or is it an easy transition for most?

When and how do you transition from bottle to sippy?  We use the playtex straw sippy and he is great at using it (10 mo old).  Do you aim to transition by 1 year or is that when you should start?  Right now we do bottle at 6 am and breakfast at 8, so I guess I'd just move up solid food and offer with a sippy full of milk? I think my cup only holds 5oz, but he usually drinks 7oz.  Does milk become a "with meals" type of thing and water/juice is for in between?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confused about transition from formula and bottles

• Options
    With Ds we kept normal "bottle times" and went cold turkey from formula in a bottle to milk in a sippy at those times. He was 12 months. He was PISSED for about two days but after that it was fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our pedi said it was really up to us.  My plan is to change out one bottle at a time for a sippy of milk.  So we'll start with her 11:30 lunch bottle and change it to a sippy of milk.  Next we'll do her 3:30 bottle and offer milk and a snack.  Then we'll do her morning bottle, then her bed bottle.  I might also try and stretch her a bit so she's only have milk at breakfast lunch and dinner, but I"m not sure yet.  If that doesn't work we'll try mixing formula and milk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused.

B has been on a sippy for water with dinner since about 6 months and he does pretty good but so far the sippy for formula or milk isnt going so well. I keep adjusting and re-adjusting my plans on getting him transitioned. So far, we have switched his lunch bottle of formula over to a sippy of milk. He won't drink more than about an ounce. I'm going to attempt to switch his before-dinner bottle to a sippy tomorrow... still debating on doing formula or going ahead and making the leap to milk... I never realized how complicated it would be!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - Random Ramblings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"