Multiples
Options

Would you buy a used BJCS?

I found a 2011 double one on craigslist (although only with one infant adaptor) for $450 from a pet free, non smoking home.  I'm tempted but wonder if it is safe to buy a used one.  Also, if I would be crazy to buy it at only 13 weeks?

This is the one item I think would be too expensive for anyone to buy for us so we are planning to buy it ourselves, but any saving helps.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

Re: Would you buy a used BJCS?

• Options

Sure! I think strollers are a great thing to buy used. Totally safe as long as its in good condition.  

The 13w part is up to you!

I also don't know how that compares to the new price.   

• Options
    I just sold my one year old BJCS for $275 with the second seat kit and no carseat adapters...just FYI.  Maybe I didn't ask for enough, but as far as safety is concerned, not an issue, and that stroller rocks, so if you can't afford new, heck yes, I'd buy one used!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I could have found one used, I would have jumped on the chance. I think that price is a little steep for a used one, but maybe they will come down. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 6/25/10**TTC #1 July 2011**BFP 11/1/11**EDD 7/11/12**U/S shows TWINS!!! 11/30/11
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Fraternal girls born at 35+4. Slow down baby girls!!
  • Options
    Price for a new one where I live is $500 for the stroller, $125 for the second seat, and I forget how much for the car seat adapter.  They are difficult to find used so if you think this is a good deal, grab it!  I personally think the price is too high for a used stroller.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've bought tons of used strollers (I'm kind of a junkie), so I think it's fine. For $450, it better be in like new condition!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks guys!  I am in CT not far outside of NYC and I'm finding the prices to be quite steep here.  The one I found was actually in NYC.  I think I am going to wait for a better price since I have the time.  

When I added up all the new stuff.  Stroller, 2nd seat, 2 car seat adaptors it comes to just over $700 so I thought $450 wasnt bad but it sounds like I could do better.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Options
    naflmjnaflmj member
    It sounds like a great price I would grab it. I bought our Valco Trimode double around that time because it was such a good deal...I figured I could at least get my money back if god forbid something happened.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"