Food Allergy
Options

Intro, possibly new here, where to start?

Hi there,

DD has been on sensitive formula since 1 month due to reflux, still has spit up and reflux due to that. She also has allergies (I thought it was just 6 colds in the first 6 months, but no high temp until her recent double ear infection), mild-mod eczema, and a major paternal respiratory family history. I know I would have to start weaning her from the formula soon - so tonight in addition to her regular table food dinner - I gave her just a few pieces of shredded cheese. She had never been so anxious to get out of her high chair and upon taking her out she vomited on me - the I now know the difference between spit up/reflux and vomit - for the first time. She did it again on the way to the bath and it really smelled like cheese. Her skin/eczema then flared up too, the most to date - no breathing issues - and she got almost dime sized red spots on her back.

I talked to her ped at her 9 month appt about her congestion, reflux, and overall allergies - but she is one that believes nothing can really be said until after a year or so of age. I just got off the phone with my BFF whose son has major egg and dairy allergies and she suggested I talk to an allergist before weaning or any more dairy/eggs - DD had only had eggs in pancakes, no vomit but her eczema flared.

Where should I start? A second ped opinion? Does this sound like allergy or intolerance? But I would need to check and be careful either way right?

Re: Intro, possibly new here, where to start?

• Options
    If it were me, I would change pedis right away. Hives and vomitting are symptoms of an allergic reaction. My DS had the same experience after eating yogurt for the first time, and our pedi has us avoiding dairy until we can take him to an allergist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"