3rd Trimester
Options

When should I have my husband stop traveling for work?

My husband travels most of the week for work.  He asked me when I wanted him to stop traveling and I'm not sure what to tell him.  If he isn't traveling then he can't bill as many hours which reflects poorly on him at the end of the year.  On the other hand, my family lives 2,000 miles away and I am not close with his family plus I need his mom to watch our 2.5 year old son when I am in labor.  I was thinking of having him stop at 36 weeks but that seems pretty early.  WWYD?
CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When should I have my husband stop traveling for work?

• Options
    I am high-risk, and my Dr. suggested that my husband travel no further than 1hour after 32 weeks, and no further than 30 minutes after 36 weeks.  We live in a very high traffic area, too, so he has to take that into consideration, as well.
    "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
  • Options
    My husband travels every week for work.  He is going to stop traveling at 38 weeks.  He is a short flight away right now, so he should make it home in plenty of time in case of emergency.  His company will also pay for any changes to his travel plans if he has to come home early.  I do have back up here to take me to the hospital if I need it.  Otherwise I may ask him to stop around 37.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband also travels for work.  I told him not to travel after 38 weeks.  We both work for the same company and they are super flexible so he'll work from home for the weeks before baby comes and a few after.  He also is traveling to a city right now that is only a short plane ride so he could be home within 3-4 hours if needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband occasionally has to fly out to small rural airports to fix planes up here and when he's out there - he's out there for the day (many places up here are only accessible by plane though). With my first pregnancy he stopped going out around 36-37 weeks, second I started going into PTL at 34 weeks so he didn't go after that and this time I started showing pre-e signs and was on hospital bed rest for a bit at 30.5 weeks so he hasn't been since and won't go until after I deliver. It would just be too hard for him to get back (even if he could get a plane to bring him back in ASAP) in time and with it being my 3rd and my doc expecting a fast labor it's just not worth the risk!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JKS21JKS21 member
    I am due 8/6, and my hubby said he will be here starting in July...so around 36ish weeks. He drives 8ish hours away a few months of the year so it's best. Luckily he now has some work lined up here for the summer! 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Options
    My DH travels overseas for work.  His last trip will be this Friday, he'll be gone for a week to Brazil (so 33-34 weeks is our cap).  After that he has asked to not travel until sometime in August.  He works for an oil and gas company, so his trips can go from a week to 2 weeks to 6 weeks, depending on the type of project he's on.
    Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"