2nd Trimester
Options

u/s question- cord or genital nub?

I had a scan at 14 w 2 days on Friday. The doc says she is 90% sure it's a boy but it's early. I was looking at our scans and I was wondering if someone can answer a question for. Fred here is upside down, legs in the air with ribs down below. Is the bright white part the umbilical cord or the beginnings of a penis (or vagina, maybe)?

Thanks!

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies

Re: u/s question- cord or genital nub?

• Options

I'm sorry, I can't even tell what I'm looking at... Is baby head down with left leg up? 

If so I'd guess boy, but that's a hard angle to go by.  I know some girls still have nubs at 14 weeks (so they look very similar to boys), but at my 14 week scan there was nothing between the legs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGrins04:

I'm sorry, I can't even tell what I'm looking at... Is baby head down with left leg up? 

If so I'd guess boy, but that's a hard angle to go by.  I know some girls still have nubs at 14 weeks (so they look very similar to boys), but at my 14 week scan there was nothing between the legs.

Yes- head down and you can't see it. You see ribcage going up with two legs bent at knees, facing right, and whatever that is in between them.  

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would post on www.ingender.com. The ladies over there a magicians when it comes to u/s photos!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemonksmama:
    I would post on www.ingender.com. The ladies over there a magicians when it comes to u/s photos!

this- if you have a nub they will guess correctly- good luck 

lolololo
  • Options
    It looks like umbilical cord to me?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"