June 2012 Moms

WTF nursing bras?

I've bought 2 nursing bras so far, a medela underwire and a bravada (super comfy BTW) the only problem is the huge straps stick out from under most of my tops.  I hadn't planned on buying a lot of nursing tops since I already own a lot of v-neck and scoop neck tees, and just planned on wearing those and maybe layering with a cami underneath.  But with these crazy thick bra straps, I don't know what tops will work.  Any ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image

Re: WTF nursing bras?

• No advice here.  I find the same thing happens with mine, except that for me, it's that the cups come up too high.  My 'normal' bras have a plunging chest area and the cups don't come up too high.  With these, they all stick out from tops.  Totally lame.
  • Being a former swimmer and a busty lady, I basically look like a linebacker with E-sized boobs. All my tops have to be cap sleeves anyway so my straps don't hang out too much. The cups do come up a bit high for my taste, but a simple v-neck or not-too-low scoop neck seems to keep them covered. I would maybe try wrap-front shirts of shirts that come up a little higher/have wider shoulder areas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • sam19sam19 member
    I don't think I remember having a problem with super thick straps but I do remember the cups came up pretty high.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • imagekjem182:
    No advice here.  I find the same thing happens with mine, except that for me, it's that the cups come up too high.  My 'normal' bras have a plunging chest area and the cups don't come up too high.  With these, they all stick out from tops.  Totally lame.

Yes, super annoying!! My tops aren't even low cut and I still feel like I need to wear turtlenecks or something to cover them up! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't even purchased a nursing bra yet. I really need to though. Thanks for starting this thread. I don't think I would have even considered the fact that the straps might be too thick. I hope I have good luck finding some nice ones. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought one at Motherhood Maternity and I haven't have a problem with straps being too thick.  I've been wearing it already because my old bras were too small.  It might be that particular style or brand so you may want to check out some others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"