Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

new here - does anyone else have diabetes?

Hello - I have been lurking here for almost 3 weeks now and I am so sorry for everyone's losses.  Reading through posts has been helpful in making me feel as if I am not alone going through this.  I am stuck in whatever the "it's not fair" stage is.  I know that life isn't fair and I truly believe everything happens for a reason but I am stuck on understanding what the reason for this is.  I found out that our baby's heart stopped beating at a regular check up at about 8 wks.  Two weeks prior we had seen a healthy heartbeat and growing baby - definitely didn't expect to hear things weren't going as they should have been at my appointment on April 10th!  I had a D&C on April 13th because it appears to have been a molar pregnancy.  Still waiting for the pathology reports to come in and very anxious to see if it was in fact a molar pregnancy or a "regular" miscarriage.

I am wondering if anyone else here has type 1 diabetes?  I was doing excellent managing my blood sugars while I was pregnant, thanks to my insulin pump and glucose sensor; however post D&C my insulin needs changed drastically and blood sugars have been crazy.  I am assuming this is due to all of the hormone changes going on.  Last week they were very high during the night and my basal rates more than doubled and the past 3 nights I have been very low and am now backing my increased basals down.  Just curious if anyone else has diabetes and experienced anything similar.  As if dealing emotionally with our loss wasn't enough, having issues with my ordinarily well controlled diabetes is causing extra stress!

BFP #1 3/2012 - EDD 11/21/2012 mm/c @ 8 weeks due to trisomy 21 BFP #2 6/2012 - EDD 2/26/2013 m/c @ 6 weeks BFP #3 10/2012 - EDD 6/26/2013

Re: new here - does anyone else have diabetes?

• I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for you loss, and welcome you to the board. 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"