June 2012 Moms

Any STM+ still nursing?

I knew there were a few who still were in the 2nd tri. I'm just curious if any one else still was now.
Photobucket
Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam

Re: Any STM+ still nursing?

• I was until a few weeks ago.  She was about 27 months and slowly stopped asking.  I was planning to go as long as she wanted and will still let her pretend when she asks.  But honestly, I am so thrilled to have my body back for a couple of months before starting up again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecchill01:

I was until a few weeks ago.  She was about 27 months and slowly stopped asking.  I was planning to go as long as she wanted and will still let her pretend when she asks.  But honestly, I am so thrilled to have my body back for a couple of months before starting up again. 

Funny you say you have your body back! Maybe your boobs, but you are still being rented out! :-)   I only lasted a couple months into this pregnancy as we were already down to one a day when I found out I was pregnant- Even still to this day, I've been nursing pregnant or both since August of 2007.  I mistakenly wrote a post on FB, when I thought my youngest was done- WHO wants a margarita? done nursing!!! (something to that effect) But she asked again a couple days later and then a bit after that found out I was pregnant.   Oops!  =)

• Loading the player...
  • Nope.  M self-weaned at 19 months when I was around 8 1/2 weeks along.  She was only nursing twice a day at that point and my milk just vanished.  While a part of me was sad, I'm glad she took the initiative and that I did have some time to get my boobs back to myself between babies.  Of course, DH thought that meant he could have free access once again, but ever since she weaned I am completely repulsed if he even grazes a boob with a finger.  It's so weird. 
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I went through a period where I was convinced I was drying up because of feeling empty and pain while nursing, but DS never acted like there was any supply difference. He used to nurse what felt like 50x a day, now we're down to 3 and I'm working on cutting out the middle one. I'm not opposed to tandem nursing and even though he's nursed for almost 21 months now, I don't want to wean him, I'd rather him self wean.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • imageDiscordia1030:
    I went through a period where I was convinced I was drying up because of feeling empty and pain while nursing, but DS never acted like there was any supply difference.

I felt the same way.  I was having a lot of pain.  I couldn't get anything out manually.  So, toward the end I was wondering if she was just chilling on my nipple.  But, she must have been getting something?

• imageAsquared:
    imagecchill01:

I was until a few weeks ago.  She was about 27 months and slowly stopped asking.  I was planning to go as long as she wanted and will still let her pretend when she asks.  But honestly, I am so thrilled to have my body back for a couple of months before starting up again. 

Funny you say you have your body back! Maybe your boobs, but you are still being rented out! :-)  

Ha Ha.  Somehow it seems different.  Just knowing I don't have to be the one to get up in the middle of the night or that I was able go on my 2 night scrapbooking retreat without terrible guilt.   It's just a small sense of freedom.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"