Trouble TTC

First IUI, need opinions

So after TTC for almost 2 years and dealing with PCOS and MFI, we are doing our first IUI this month. I had my day 1 ultrasound last week and the next one will be next week. 

My question is, my hubby works about 30 minutes from our doc's office. I on the other hand work 1 block from it.

He is (obviously) coming to the actual IUI appointment, but it sounds like he is deciding not to come to the next ultrasound (didn't come to last week's either). Should I be upset about this? Part of me wants him there because we are supposed to be a team in this and he should know whats going on. Part of me gets wanting to save his PTO and it is a long drive for a 2 minute ultrasound. 

Any opinions to help prevent an unnecessary freak out by me? :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
6000 miles and a day
Follow Me on Pinterest
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First IUI, need opinions

• I think this is a per-couple unique scenario....but, in our case, DH only came with me to the first consultation appointment. 

Having an u/s every 2-3 days during the first 2-3 weeks of each cycle (that's been the case for each of the injects cycle), it would be unfair to ask DH to try to get out of work for all of those. Especially when the u/s lasts all of 5 minutes, anyway. For me, I don't need him there with me -- heck, he hasn't been there for any one of my IUIs. 

But, again, I tend to be highly (if not overly) independent, and DH is an attorney and not able to get out of the office a whole ton, so this works out very well for us. 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't get upset. There are so many ups and downs on this journey, no need to waste energy on getting angry over this. Your Husband would be pretty useless at these appointments anyway, not really worth losing time at work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to agree with the other ladies.   I usually handle ultrasounds and blood work on my own.  It's usually pretty quick and there's no real reason for him to have to take off. I always text or call him when I leave so he can have updates.
    Unexplained infertility; TTC #1 for 5 years
    IUI #1; m/c;c/p 3/15/2012
    IUI #2: Clomid, ovidrel trigger, prometrium;4/5/12; BFFN; IUI #3, clomid and injects; Beta June 8th????
    imagePhotobucket
  • DH has never stayed with me for an appointment, except for my initial and the one time he drove me when my car died the day before.  He witnessed the nurse giving me the HCG shot and it scared the hell out of him.  He still talks about the size of the needle!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I do my ultrasounds solo as well..he will come to the IUI's because he needs to give his sample, but then everything else I will handle and then relay the details..that seems to work out for us. Plus, he can always call them and ask questions if there is something I forget to ask or overlook.
    Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
    Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
    June- Cycle Break
    July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
    August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?
  • Agreed! My DH came with me to the first couple of appointments (first consult, first b/w & u/s, the HSG) but not anymore. No need for him to be. But of course, I always call him the second I walk out the door to give him the full report.
    Me, 33, DH, 36
    Me - Right Tube blocked & Hashi's. DH - Fine
    Trying for baby #2 since July 2011
    6 natural & 6 medicated cycles, all BFN. 1 missed mc in 10/11.
    Surprise natural BFP on 6/18/12, CP on 6/27/12
    Began stims (Bravelle & Menopur) for IVF #1 on 7/20/12
    ER on 8/2 , 7R, 5F ET on 8/7, 2 embies transferred
    Beta #1 - 231 (9dp5dt), Beta #2 - 695 (12pd5dt)
  • Perfect, thanks ladies that is exactly what I needed to hear. :)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with everyone else. My H came to the first few monitoring appointments, but we decided that starting this month, he'll skip those and just come to the IUI. I can more than handle the small appointments on my own and let him save his PTO.
    Anniversary
  • No, I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't come to every appointment. My husband hardly gets to come to any of my appointments due to his work schedule and my RE being 2.5 hours away. I've always told him I'd rather him save his time/rescheduling to see a baby on the ultrasound than my follicles every other day.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH is military, so there are very few appointments that he actually gets to go to. He was luckily able to be in the room for my HSG, SIS and both IUI procedures, but he's never been to an ultrasound or b/w appt.

I don't feel like he's missed anything by not being there... but that's just my opinion.

Dx Hypothyroid 2009 - Dx PCOS 3/2011- TTC since March 2010
    DH: Perfect
    April 2011 - HSG - Normal/Clear but tilted uterus
    May 2011 - Start Metformin
    June 2011 - SIS - Arcuate but normal uterus
    July 2011 - 100mg Clomid Cycle cancelled - No response
    August-September 2011 - Break for oral & eye surgery
    Oct 2011 - Femara 7.5mg + Metformin 1500mg + Novarel trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
    Nov-Mar 2012- Break due to DH ship schedule
    April 2012 - Femara 7.5mg + Metformin 1500mg + Novarel trigger + IUI #2 = BFFN
    May 2012 - Femara 7.5mg + Metformin 1500mg + Trigger + IUI #3 = BFFN
    June 2012 - Femara cycle cancelled - No response
    Jul-Aug 2012 - Break, getting our financials in order
    September 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI and AZH
    9/11/12 - ER (34 retrieved, 24 mature, 18 fertilized)
    9/16/12 - ET - 5dt of 2 perfect blasts and 7 frosties!!!
    Beta #1 - 10/1/12 - BFP!!! 2000+
    Beta #2 - 10/3/12 - 4881
    Beta #3 - 10/5/12 - 8570
    First u/s - 10/9/12 - 6w0d - 2 sacs!!!
    Second u/s - 10/16/12 - 7w0d - 2 babies with 2 strong hbs!!
    First OB appt - 11/5/12 - "Baby A" looks great, good hb and movement, measuring 10w0d
    "Baby B" stopped growing at 8 weeks :0(
    12/5/12 - Baby looks great at 14w2d - 165bpm heartrate!
    January 4th, 2013 - Lost our Baby Girl, Faith at 18w3d
    Emergency D&C to clear infection
    We love you and miss you little one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"