May 2012 Moms

Milo Owen is here!!!!!!!!

Sorry this is a little late...

Milo Owen was born on April 20th 4:06am 6lbs 10oz  21 1/4in at 35 weeks.

My story

Wednesday the 18th I woke up nauseous went to my ob appt. told her about it and she responded with "It's common at the end of pregnancy to feel this way because your stomach is so high up and food takes longer to digest. Just make sure to get your fluids and snack on something small." So thats what I did, went to work after my appt. and ended up leaving an hour early that day because I just wasn't feeling any better.

At about 8:00pm after resting then pacing around my house telling my husband I just wish I could throw up maybe I'd feel better! He suggested I call the on call doctor at my ob office and see what they suggested. She called back fairly quickly I told her what was going on that I had felt nauseous all day but not actually vomiting. I asked her if she thought I should just go to the hospital? She said "No as long as your not vomiting and your able to keep down a little food try and wait it out till morning and call the office to get a perscription for something that will help."

Around 11pm I told my husband I just want to go to the hospital and get the medication now I feel aweful and I won't be able to sleep. We got to the hospital 11:30pm they hooked me to a monitor for the baby and one to see if I was having contrations and to my suprise I was! They took my bp a couple times and it was high, so they took some blood and came back to tell me I had developed HELLP syndrome and the only way to "cure" it is to have the baby. She told me she spoke with my doctor already and she thought it would be best to induce tonight.

WOW... so not only was i not getting my nausea medication and going home I was about to head to L&D to have my son that night.. of couse I drilled her with lots of questions I was so scared.

Up to L&D we went... Thursday 7am they started the induction process and 21 hours later Milo was born!! Dispite the fact he is a late trem preeme he is big and healthy he is perfect! We are so thankful everything turned out really good given the situation. We are both doing great!

I have never posted a pic before so when I get a little more time I'll give it a try.

Re: Milo Owen is here!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"