TTC After a Loss

I know it's not New Year's, but...

here's my resolution:

I, s.alarie, hereby resolve to stop living in the "if I get KU'd this cycle" mentality. I have finally figured it out. It's been dragging me down, and it's gotta go. I am constantly making plans for IFs and possibilities, but I need to just make plans for today and deal with it if I have to change plans.

No more: "If I'm KU'd this cycle, we won't be able to go on vacation next summer," "this might be my last night to eat/drink **insert pregnancy no-no food/drink item here** if I get pregnant," and my favorite excuse, "why should I diet? I might be pregnant soon and I'll just gain all the weight back."

As of this morning, I'm getting back on track with healthy living, which now includes eating right, exercising, and a healthy attitude.

Thanks for reading my rambling. If you got through, here's a carrot. Ha. :)

Re: I know it's not New Year's, but...

• Good for you! ((hugs))
    My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.
  • Good for you! It is such an easy cycle to fall in to. I blame FF and their "If you conceive this cycle your EDD is _______"

Good luck!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKDS1987:

Good for you! It is such an easy cycle to fall in to. I blame FF and their "If you conceive this cycle your EDD is _______"

Good luck!!

All of this!  Seriously, is there a way to hide that feature in FF?  Always gets my hopes up.

DD 9/2/13

• I. Heart. You. You have just said everything I wish I could do. I hope your determination gives me the strength I need to live that way too!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• imageshellyco:
    imageKDS1987:

Good for you! It is such an easy cycle to fall in to. I blame FF and their "If you conceive this cycle your EDD is _______"

Good luck!!

All of this!  Seriously, is there a way to hide that feature in FF?  Always gets my hopes up.

LOL yea I guess we could downgrade to regular FF? Or stop being obsessive... either one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I like this.  Good for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good for you! ((hugs))
  • Good for you! I need to get on board with this program. It's tough but making a more conscious effort might help. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Good luck!
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good attitude! I could use some of that! I pretty much waver on a daily basis!! Although I'm not technically TTC yet, I keep thinking "ok if AF shows up "this date" and I get KU right away......etc, etc. Pass some carrots!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Great idea!  I think I'm going to try to follow!
  • Way to go!  (and I loved the carrot)
    BFP#1: 12/15/11 EDD: 8/21/12 Missed miscarriage @ ~8.5 weeks. D+C: 1/19/12
    BFP#2: 07/04/12 EDD: 03/14/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *All Welcome*
  • Thanks for your support, ladies. It's not going to be easy especially with FF obsessions, EDD calculations (I have a pregnancy wheel app on my phone; it's not just FF, I do it to myself!!), and the natural what-ifs.

I'm 7+ months from my m/c, and I just can't stand to see the world keep spinning around me while I'm still stuck on would be/could be/should be. I gave myself a hard reality check--it's not, so move on. (In saying this, I am in no way trying to reality check anyone else. I was ready for it, and needed it. Please don't be offended!! You will be ready some day too.) 

• I think it is a great resolution.  I try not to focus on it, but I can probably tell you exactly what my EDD would be each cycle.  I hope I will be able to give that up as well.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• I think that's an awesome idea! Good luck!
    BFP #1:  8/10/11 EDD: 4/9/12 Natural miscarriage @ 7 weeks: 8/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/31/12 EDD: 5/18/13 Chemical pregnancy: 9/4/12
    BFP #3:  5/17/13  EDD: 1/24/14 Loss at 5 weeks: 5/29/13

image  imageimage

Lots of testing, all clear with the exception of compound heterozygous for the MTHFR mutation. 

Cycle 1: Femara, trigger shot, Bravelle added due to slow response = BFN
    Cycle 2: Cancelled due to two cysts =(
    Cycle 3: Femara, Bravelle, trigger shot and IUI = BFP then loss #3
    Cycle 4: Femara, Follistim, trigger shot and IUI = BFP!  EDD: 6/7/14

PGAL/PAL welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"